Doncaster, South Yorkshire
£18000 - £23000 per annum
Rail Technical Team
about 2 months ago
Assistant BOM Engineer will work closely with an established BOM Engineer who will further train and develop your skills and industry knowledge. The principal function of this position is to work within the team of design engineers producing designs and drawings of rail crossings, turnouts and other rail tracks installations. You will use technical documentation to generate bills of materials for sophisticated custom designed switches and crossings for railways.
On a daily basis you will document bill of materials using technical drawings and templates. You will cross check existing bill of materials for consistency and accuracy when the product is customized to customer specifications. You will assist the sales team and design team with quotations. Accuracy and attention to detail are prerequisites for this position.
- Documentation of parts and processes according to technical specifications and manufacturing instructions
- Timely delivery of technical information to supply chain,
- Support to design team, operations, purchasing and sales department,
The candidate should be motivated by accuracy of the performed tasks. An analytical and detail oriented individual with high degree of accountability will thrive in this position and develop its own career path and progression. The following skills and experiences will assure success in this position:
- Well organized and structured in addressing daily tasks.
- Prior experience in reading bills of materials and technical drawings.
- Ability to understand a technical challenge and to conceptualise a solution.
- Joy in completing 100% accurate technical documentation and bill of materials.
- Ability to learn and improve.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and perform a multitudes of tasks simultaneously yet not loosing sight of detail and accuracy.
- Have at least HNC/Degree related to Mechanical Engineering, Bachelors, Accounting degree or similar highly technical and numerical qualification.
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Office package and SQL based EMS.
- Ability to work independently with excellent time management skills