Up to £21.00 per hour
20 days ago
Assistant Bid Manager; £21/hr plus hols; 12 months contract; Bristol
Our client has over 40 years' experience in designing, integration, testing, operation and commissioning of innovative space systems.
As an Assistant Bid Manager based in the Bristol office, you will be in charge of specific bid management activities to ensure the successful delivery of assigned bids.
The role will involve managing several assigned bids simultaneously, throughout their bid life cycle, starting from early bid preparation through to handover to projects. As part of the UK bid team, the Assistant Bid Manager will be responsible for leading and delivering their own assigned bids, which will typically include small bids, work packages within larger bids, grant proposals, PQQ responses and supporting the organisation with pulling together offers for products - both to internal and external customers.
It requires professional bid management capabilities to be applied - giving rigour to pulling together estimates and compiling bid documentation, whilst ensuring that the bid governance process is followed. The role requires attention to detail, good stakeholder management and a strong ability to work with numbers. Additionally, this role will require multiple bids to be managed concurrently, where bids may be in different phases of the bid life cycle.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing bid team as a Assistant Bid Manager, develop your skills, shape your career and be a major contributor to growth of the business.
Principal Relationships (not an exhaustive list):
* UK Bid Department
* UK Capture Leads, Engineering, Commercial & Finance, Quality, Procurement
* Functions within other organisations
* Internal and external supplier organisations
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
In particular, this will include (but is not limited to) the following:
* Throughout the bid life cycle, for assigned bids, provide bid management direction and pro-active engagement with the bid team to deliver winning proposals and compliance with internal bid governance processes.
* Ensure each assigned bid follows the UK bid governance process, including organising and running bid kick-off meetings, estimating reviews and gate reviews.
* Work effectively with the capture leaders to ensure requirements and bid deliverables are clearly understood at the outset and communicated to the bid team; and that win themes are clearly defined.
* Pulling together estimates through collaboration with the engineering teams and other functions, following the UK estimating process.
* Managing cost and price data to generate inputs for estimating reviews and gate reviews and ensuring these are effectively reviewed to ensure competitive and winning pricing.
* Manage the creation of the bid deliverables for assigned bids - using information from templates and liaising with other functions to pull together technical, commercial, management proposals, or inputs to relevant sections of larger bids. Ensure appropriate reviews are carried out, leading to the creation of high quality bids.
* Manage the preparation of pre qualification response submissions to customers with the objective of securing an invitation to bid.
* Supporting the bid team with process improvement initiatives and monthly reporting.
* The role will also involve occasional ad-hoc duties that are not listed above but are necessary to respond to the needs of the business. These ad-hoc duties will be consistent with the nature of this position.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience;
Educated to degree level in a discipline that is compatible with the requirements of Bid Management.
A demonstrable positive performance record in the following activities:
* A proven track record of delivering successful small bids in context.
* Working in a complex, multidisciplinary, multi-site organisation.
* Strong communication skills, planning and delivery orientation.
* Strong stakeholder management.
* Experience and understanding of the bid life cycle and bid process.
* Commercial / financial / business insight and able to exercise sound judgement.
* Positive attitude combined with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills.
* Experience of working across boundaries, including knowledge of commercial management, finance functions.
* Champion of change - encouraging others to follow.
The following experience and attributes are also desirable for this position:
* Bid and project experience in the space industry would be highly desirable.
* Able to lead and contribute to process improvement initiatives.
Can demonstrate a positive example in relation to the Leadership Model:
* Shape Solutions Out of Complexity
* Be Ambitious and Accountable
* Perform Through Co-operation
* Influence Key Stakeholders
* Manage Self
* Engage and Develop Teams
The job requires the ability to work in a multi-site capacity. There will be a main location but some travel may be required within the UK and overseas (mainly within Europe.) A driver's licence that is valid in the UK is required for this position.
Morson is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy