Up to £16.97 per hour
4 months ago
Job Description: Assistant Accountant; Location: Preston; Duration: 6 months; Hours: 37 p/wk
Pay: £16.97 p/hr PAYE
Working within the Accounts Receivable team and reporting to the Accounts Receivable Team Leader, the job holder will be responsible for carrying out processes and controls relating to invoicing within the Accounts Receivable team.
They are also responsible for ensuring they maintain the integrity of the ERP systems (for allocated operational responsibilities) and ensuring they apply appropriate Financial processes, controls and governance to all their activities.
Within the organisation, the Financial Accounting team have responsibility for the recovery of £2bn per annum from our Customers, payment of £1bn per annum to our major equipment Suppliers, completion of VAT returns and system reconciliations. The team is expected to support the business in the provision of expert process advice, management of transactions and business reporting.
This role will report to the Team Leader in the Accounts Receivable team. The role will be centred around the completion of transactions, preparation of standard reports and reconciliations, providing support the internal and external Customers/Supplier and maintenance of strong financial controls. The role will provide an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to gain a sound understanding of financial accounting and will provide exposure to other business areas.
You should be able to work independently or as part of a team, be able to pro-actively contribute to the team environment. You should be flexible and enthusiastic in your approach to tasks and be supportive of other team members in peak work load periods. You should be to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
Good communication skills are important in order to be confident when dealing with both internal and external Customers across Europe.
Experience of working within a Finance or Business Administration role would be advantageous, demonstrating good system skills including knowledge of Excel. Full training and support will be provided in all aspects of the role.
The Financial Accounting team is highly motivated and central to business performance. The business is undergoing a transformation phase with a new ERP system being deployed and this role is required to support in this transitional period.
The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role. The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Maintain the integrity of the LN System (for allocated operational responsibilities) ensuring that all relevant invoices/credit notes are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain the audit trail of all claims & invoicing - including but not an exhaustive list of filing, management of backup paperwork, providing copies of invoices to customers.
- Supporting the Accounts Receivable Team Leader with liaising with key stakeholders within the Europe & International functions (Commercial, Procurement, Project Accounts) to resolve queries and unlock barriers preventing invoices to be raised.
- Basic accounting functions including but not an exhaustive list of producing KPI reports for Control Review.
- Enact financial controls in line with Finance Policies Manual to ensure accuracy of accounting information.
Good - Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word & Outlook
Personal Skills - Communication, Team Working, Motivation skills essential
Morson is acting as the recruitment business for this position on behalf of the client.
Accounts assistant; accounts payable, accounts receivable; purchase ledger; sales ledger; SAP; SAGE; AAT; payroll; VAT returns; reconciliation; credit control.