Up to £18.00 per hour
6 days ago
Assistant Accountant; Preston; £18.00/hr LTD; Contract
A vacancy exists within the finance function working for our client near Preston. This will cover the UK and international programmes business areas.
The ideal candidate will have accounting experience, strong Excel skills, be used to working to tight timescales, good communication skills, & enjoy working in a team made up of multi functional disciplines.
The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role. The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following
* To prepare monthly and quarterly Balance Sheet information for the Finance Teams so that effective Balance Sheet Reviews can take place. To review the current process and to implement more effective working practices across the teams.
* To conduct all system access reviews as and when required.
* To review the overall workspace requirements across the two Finance teams now we are under a new reorganisation and ensure all work instructions and registers are updated accordingly.
* To review all Integration and reporting templates that impact monthly and quarterly processes. To actively contribute towards the compilation of Summary Status Reports (SSRs)
* To compile and complete ad hoc reporting requirements from Europe & International and other key stakeholders across the business areas.
* Getting fit for the implementation of a new Financial & Reporting system, and to establish smooth transition.
The following will be required of the successful candidates:
Excellent - Microsoft Excel
Good - Microsoft - PowerPoint, Outlook
Essential - Communication, Team Working and Initiative
* Good IT and spreadsheet skills good working knowledge of all relevant software financial packages would also be an advantage e.g. SAP, BaaN, IFS, TM01.
* Able to communicate financial information legibly and succinctly to individuals and groups outside the function.
* Able to identify, in standard areas, problems and trends which are likely to cause future problems/issues.
* Strong analytical skills and knowledge of relevant analytical techniques e.g. Variance Analysis.
* Must be able to work on their own initiative.
Morson is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy