Greater Manchester, England
£127 - £157 per day
18 days ago
Assistant Accountant PAYE rate £127-157 per day Inclusive of holiday pay - 3 month contract
Morson are proud to own the interim recruitment on behalf of Manchester Airports Group (MAG)
MAG is the country's largest airport group. Owning Manchester, Stansted and East Midlands Airports and airport services in the USA. However, the airports are so much more than the place where your holiday starts. With over 40 million passengers, flying to over 250 destinations annually, with tireless work behind the scenes to ensure that the operation is well oiled through the intensive training for 5000+ colleagues across all of our airports. MAG is an exciting environment with multiple billion pound investment projects currently being delivered whilst enjoying a strong period of growth and change.
We are currently looking to recruit an Interim Assistant Accountant to work within MAG Group Finance holding responsibility for assisting in the preparation of management accounts for the property division of MAG. Supporting finance activities for all airports in the group, the Assistant Accountant will ensure that accurate, and technically robust, management accounts are produced in a timely manner and in line with group finance service levels.
Duties to include;
* Assist in the month end close process, ensuring the ledgers are all closed to strict deadlines.
* Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the accounts, calculate and post relevant journals to ensure the accounts are reflective of underlying financial performance.
* Ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are completed accurately and in a timely manner, including review and sign off.
* Support the development of continuous improvement initiatives with the R2R Finance team.
* Assist in improving, standardising and automating the processes within the team.
* Driving continual improvement within the business area responsible.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills required;
* Minimum qualified AAT or a part qualified accountant, studying towards ACCA / CIMA.
* An ambitious individual and team player with a "can do" attitude.
* Ability to actively engage business stakeholders and to respond to queries in a collaborative manner.
* Relevant experience of working within a GL function at a similar level.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and to thrive under tight deadlines and high-pressure situations.
* Experience of SAGE and SAP or similar ERP systems, intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
Morson International is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. In order to apply for this role, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The Morson Group is committed to equal opportunities.
The Morson Group is signed up to the Jobcentre employment service's 'Disability Confident Scheme'. This means that any applicant considering themselves to have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job (see person specification) will be guaranteed an interview.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to reflect the local community
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.