Salford, Greater Manchester
22 days ago
Morson are the UK's leading technical recruitment agency, with 50 years' experience, a turnover in excess of £860 million and offices across the world, we supply engineers and technical expertise to some of the world's biggest brands.
We are looking for a proactive, driven, enthusiastic Assistant Accountant with an attention to detail to join our Accounts team based at our modern, purpose-built offices in Trafford Park (close to Media City and the Trafford Centre). This is a hugely varied role with responsibilities across a large portion of the Accounts function.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Production of weekly sales and gross profit reports by project.
- Client reporting (standard plus ad hoc requests from the operational team)
- Analyse and investigate variances in weekly pay and charge reports.
- Preparation of month-end journals.
- Raising, reconciliation and monitoring of recharges
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Assist in the production of the monthly flash report and management reporting pack (UK and overseas)
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis of monthly sales and costs for a variety of stakeholders.
- Weekly analysis of manual invoicing
- Implementing changes to continuously improve processes
- Support the RTI process
The ideal candidate for this role will be be part-qualified CIMA (or AAT with post-qualification experience) and have demonstrable reporting experience across all the elements of management accounting in an industry environment. We are looking for someone who is prepared to take a hands-on approach and get involved in all levels of the analysis and reporting process. Excel will be a key tool in the role, so proficiency with pivot tables and v-look-ups as a minimum is required.
This role is rewarded with a competitive salary, 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays), great benefits, an employee health and wellbeing programme, free onsite parking, and a free onsite gym. Our company culture is second-to-none, with a real family ethos and focus on looking after every single employee. You can read more about what it's like to work for Morson at www.morson.com/careers.
Morson International is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. In order to apply for this role, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The Morson Group is committed to equal opportunities.
The Morson Group is signed up to the Jobcentre employment service's 'Disability Confident Scheme'. This means that any applicant considering themselves to have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job (see person specification) will be guaranteed an interview.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to reflect the local community
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.