£26000 - £28900 per annum + Benefits
Rail Technical Team
5 months ago
Morson is currently recruiting for Senior Electrical Officer on behalf of a large Rail client in Liverpool, Reporting to the Principal Officer - Electrical and Systems, the post holder will supervise the Electrical Technical Officer and will deliver an effective and efficient estate maintenance function for the client covering reactive and planned maintenance works supporting the internal resource teams to deliver short and long term works, small and large infrastructure refurbishment, deliver the development and implementation of capital programme projects, while meeting budget, quality, environmental, and health and safety standards. all tasks are delivered on time The post holder will undertake the duties and responsibilities of a Senior Authorised Person in order to achieve compliance with the requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations. The post holder will be responsible for managing term maintenance contracts, suppliers and contractors to ensure that they deliver on time and within budget to meet Client department requirements.
- A degree in a relevant technical/engineering discipline e.g. Electrical/ Controls Engineering or minimum 5 years relevant experience at this level.
- Significant experience of technical/ engineering matters in a multi-disciplinary environment to ensure the safe, reliable operation and utilisation of plant and equipment in an engineering/facilities management environment.
- Being commercially aware must possess the ability to negotiate and deliver commercial contracts and manage external supplier's delivery and performance to meet financial, quality and programme commitments.
- Computer literate with a high degree of ICT skills.
- Significant experience working in a customer-centred role (internal and/or external customers).
- Organisation skills to liaise with client departments, staff and contractors to carry out works.
- Full driving licence (manual vehicles).
- Evidence of attending and passing the 17th Edition IEE wiring regulations assessment.
- Understanding of commercial and financial practices and the importance of delivering value for money for the organisation.
- Evidence of leading (internal and external) multi-disciplinary matrix teams of staff, consultants and contractors.
- Being commercially aware, must possess the ability to negotiate and deliver commercial contracts and manage external suppliers delivery and performance to meet their financial, quality and programme management commitments.
- Understanding of commercial, financial and budgetary controls, local government procurement protocols, standing orders, financial and statutory regulations.
- Understanding of computer based control systems (e.g. TREND, SCADA) and the asset management system for managing the maintenance of the Assets.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary work environment.
- Professional Engineer with a commitment to learning and continual professional development.
- Membership of a Professional body.