Leeds, West Yorkshire
Up to £18.32 per hour + Inclusive of holiday pay
about 2 months ago
Our client is looking for an Asset Data Assessor to be based in Leeds for an ongoing contract.
The Trust looks after many structures (assets) along the UK waterways including culverts, bridges, lock gates and many more. To better predict the long-term condition of our infrastructure, we are in the process of creating a new computer model (Asset Condition Health Index) which will inform our future investment decisions and enrich our knowledge of asset life cycles.
In order to do this, we need to gather a wide range of data across our portfolio of Trust assets. We are calling for Asset Data Assessors to collect this information and help to complete our new Asset Condition Health Index. This initiative is generously funded by players of the People's Postcode Lottery.
* Work independently to interpret and collate culvert and bridge data from infrastructure inspection reports from the Trust's online asset archive (SharePoint)
* Interpret the severity and extent of the structures and feed this data into Microsoft Excel spreadsheets which will then be fed into the Trust's Asset Condition Health Index
* May include work with GIS (mapping software) amongst other standard software packages
* Work with engineers locally and across the network to assure data quality and accuracy
* Work in the Leeds office Knowledge, Experience and Skills
* Civil engineering knowledge (graduate or equivalent)
* Recent civil engineer graduates welcome to apply
* Understanding of basic structural mechanics (culverts/bridges)
* Understanding of structural component parts (culverts/bridges)
* Understanding of conditional reports and assessments of structures
* Understanding of infrastructure risk
* Good standard of written and verbal communication
Proven experience in standard computer applications, at intermediate or advanced level in Microsoft computer packages, particularly MS Excel. Experience of, or willingness to learn about, GIS mapping software
You will be diligent and patient with an eye for detail and willing to undertake extensive data input We are open to flexible approaches to working.
About us One of the UK's biggest charities, we maintain 2,000 miles of historic canals, rivers, docks and reservoirs, along with museums, archives and the country's third largest collection of protected historic buildings.
We believe living waterways transform places and enrich lives. Helping us to achieving this vision will be a fascinating challenge, and offer you an opportunity to really make a difference. Why not come and be part of it …