Up to £0.00 per annum
24 days ago
ob Title - Assembly Technician
Location - Western-Super-Mare
Rates - £177.50 to £236.38 Ltd or £154.98 to £206.39 PAYE
In Scope of IR35
My client is currently looking for an experienced Assembly Technician to join their busy team based in Weston-Super-Mare. The successful candidate should have a background in precision engineering companies making safety critical / high reliability electro-mechanical equipment. They must be able to demonstrate that they are 'time-served' technicians and be able to carry out assembly and test work with minimum supervision, once they have received the basic product training (which will be provided).
What you will do:
* Production output of Point Operating Equipment (POE) products, in line with Production Schedule
* Assembly of POE (point machines and backdrives), and spares, in accordance with Assembly Instruction Sheet requirements
* Testing of POE and spares, in accordance with Production Acceptance Schedule (PAS)
* Compile product traceability documentation (Assembly Test Sheets and Build Sheets)
* Day to day monitoring of stock levels, working in conjunction with Operations Engineer to ensure levels are in line with Production Schedule, and any urgent operational railway requirements
* Packaging and preparation of all equipment for despatch
* Receipt of delivered goods, processing delivery paperwork, inspecting goods, and placement of goods into appropriate stores location
* Organisation of assembly and test area, including stores locations, to ensure all activities are carried out in an efficient and safe manner
* Organisation of tooling and test equipment, including monitoring of calibrated tooling.
* Inspection of all equipment during assembly and test phases ability to make decisions on major and minor quality issues (and raise Non-Conformance Report where required)
* Comply with health & safety and environmental policies (including but not limited to Lifesaving Rules and Close Call System), and to be pro-active in maintaining a safe working environment.
Your experience will include:
* Production - Mechanical and electro-mechanical assembly & test of railway points actuation systems
* Packing and despatch
* Goods receiving
What you'll get in return
Capita and our client understand what it is like to work as a contractor and we will do everything we can to make it a simple process for you - this includes dedicated on-boarding, extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.