Rate on application
3 months ago
We are looking for individuals with an electronics background for our AERO division on site in Basingstoke. At this site we repair aircraft computers, LCD and CRT cockpit displays, laser navigation systems, radio systems, gyrocompasses and many other critical electronic components.
* Evaluate, test, troubleshoot and repair products coming into the site within the required time specified.
* Working in a team over 70 technicians performing component level maintenance and repair.
* Predominantly focusing on the repair of circuit cards.
* Applies general technical concepts, principles, practices and techniques.
* Participates in specific process teams, usually with a clearly defined charter.
* Impact is normally within a single technical process or project or may extend over several processes where impact is short-term.
* Possesses familiarity and capability in the tools of the profession. Applies well-known techniques where technical precedents are well-established.
* Demonstrates understanding of basic processes & equipment used in own area.
* Solves routine problems by selecting the appropriate solution from a limited set of options/procedures following instructions/guidelines.
* May use mathematics involving calculation of percentages, ratios & simple, pre-set formulas/instruction.
*Basic word processing database, spreadsheet and/or machine operation applications. Able to access multiple systems.
* Provides and obtains information on routine matters with internal and external contacts.
* Reads & comprehends procedure manuals/routine business correspondence/basic technical information. Experience of fault finding to a component level, repair and testing of units, repair of Circuit Card Assemblies (CCA's)
* Experience with IPC Class 3 pass and fail criteria
* Use of troubleshoot and test equipment and the correct calibration and installation of this equipment
* Exposure to following Service Bulletins, Component Maintenance Manuals, Service Information Letters and completing conforming paperwork
* Experience of carrying out modifications to approved drawings and documents
* Dealing with pressures of on time delivery and working to tight deadlines
* Guideline is specialised training in technical discipline generally obtained through HNC, ONC, C&G or equivalent work experience.
* Demonstrates continuous learning gained through a variety of sources such as professional associations, certifications, etc
* Exceptional attention to detail.
* Able to work to deadlines and multi task.
* Experience in soldering and the use of test equipment (e.g. millimetre, oscilloscope) would be an advantage.
* Previous experience of working within the aerospace sector would be an advantage.