29 days ago
The ASDOT programme is to meet the air support requirements the Air, Navy, Army and Joint Forces Commands progressively replacing existing contracted and military service provision as these programmes expire or reach their planned out of service dates. ASDOT will address this by inviting industry to invest and innovate to provide an adversary threat capability, will potential for Live Virtual Constructive (LVC) technologies, to deliver the required training effects and be capable of evolving and adapting to meet future requirements alongside other contributing virtual constructive live programmes.
There is also the potential to provide air support to foreign governments and military forces on an ad-hoc tasking basis or when they are conducting combined training alongside UK forces.
ASDOT will be introduced from 2020 for 10 years with options for the authority to extend for up to 5 years. The estimated value for this 15-year period is approximately 750M GBP, this element is known as phase 1.
There is a potential of a surge in requirement around 2027, known as Phase 2, if realised the successful tenderer will have the opportunity to meet this surge requirement and add up to 500M GBP to the contract value through a contract amendment.
The scope of the ASDOT programme covers provision of live flying assets and technical capabilities to produce effects in support of training and assurance requirements as follows, in no particular order:
* Air Warfare and Anti-Air warfare
* Air Power Contribution to Maritime Operations (APCMO)
* Electronic Warfare and Threat Simulation
* Air Traffic Controller Currency, Ground Based Air Defence and Aerospace Battle Manager Training
* Air Land Integration
* Weapons system training, trials, operational assurance, and test and evaluation
* Asymmetric Threat
* Mission Planning, Briefing and De-briefing
* Understand the technical solution and the time sensitive elements of the service delivery
* Interface with the finance and legal advisors, where necessary, to deliver the optimal solution
* Co-ordinate the two parent organisation's finance interfaces
* Be the main point of contact for funders and lessor organisations
* Assist the Bid Director to produce and execute he win strategy