7 months ago
Your experience as a Modifications Control Engineer will have an immediate impact on my client. You will provide effective Modification and Role Equipment (RE) control in order to satisfy customer demand. Stock levels must be sourced and maintained to meet determined time lines. Role Equipment must be checked maintained and documented ensuring the equipment is fit for use. Provide technical and logistical support when managing state demands
* Carry out work to enable Management to achieve all Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
* Operate the current release or version of IOS IT systems relevant to role, to include, ASDER, MJDI, MIS, GOLDesp, TQS, MoD DII, Optimizer and the CIETP.
* Provide support to the customer with technical queries, to ensure all engineering checks are carried out prior to a state demand being raised.
* Liaise with the Priority Progression Cell (PPC) to ensure all logistic checks are carried out prior to a state demand placed.
* Ensure all engineering, reference and logistics checks are carried out prior to a manual demand and TQS being raised.
* Communicate with the PPC and R2 to ensure suitable assets are investigated to provide a solution prior to a demand being progressed.
* Provide assistance to the management of ASDER ensuring it is maintained and kept up to date with the latest information.
* Manage and maintain an up to date Cannibalisation Log.
* Actively manage and complete relevant weekly and monthly reports as required.
* Communicate and liaise with external agencies (DE&S, SLICT and Merlin DTs).
* Ensure role equipment is fully serviceable and meets the operating requirements in accordance with H&S HSP's
* Liaise with all Typed Air Station (TAS) Squadrons, section custodians and external agencies for non-policy matters relating to the primary function of Mods Control.
* Close Goldesp entries and MF707 work cards on completion of uninstalled Role Equipment defect rectification.
* Utilise the Engineering Sentencing Cell to condition equipment within Trade specialisation including general Role Equipment.
* To control and record all issues, transfers and returns of Mod sets/kits.
* Ensure all uninstalled Role Equipment held on charge has modifications and repairs carried out as necessary, and in date for servicing IAW the MAM-P.
* To manage and account for all Temporary fit Role Equipment required by TAS
* To carry out monthly Goldesp data integrity checks of Modifications Control items held on Goldesp IAW JAP(D).
* Served a recognised engineering apprenticeship or having gained relevant experience in an aviation environment.
* Have a detailed engineering understanding of the Merlin aircraft and its systems.
* Have a thorough understanding of rotary wing aviation procedures.
* IT literacy with competence of Microsoft Office application
* Have competency of CIETP, GOLDesp, MOD Engineering Information Systems and all associated documentation.
* Gained an Aircraft Charge Certificate (ACC) - Desirable
* Hold an E377 Goldesp authorisation and AEOWTR - Desirable
* High level of problem solving abilities and being able to apply them in a support environment and provide alternative solutions.
Modifications Control Engineer
Location - Helston
Keywords: GOLDesp, MOD, Military, Maintenance, Merlin, Modifications, Stores