Anglesey, Isle of Anglesey
£38000.00 - £39000 per annum + Overtime
4 months ago
27,219.00 plus £11k shift premium (£38,219)
42 hours - 4 on 4 off
RAF Valley, Anglesey
The Supervisor will be responsible for meeting agreed delivery targets at a tactical level. Demonstrate people management and leadership skills. Oversee all authorised tasks providing oversight and assurance of the quality of the service, and foster being Babcock culture/total safety. The post holder will be an experienced and highly skilled technician undertaking a range of detailed maintenance activities on an aircraft component, demonstrating the ability to derive diagnostic techniques as required. They shall be responsible for maintaining airworthiness through appropriate task authorisation on an aircraft or aircraft component. Demonstrates awareness of broader external dependencies and identified areas for continuous improvement.
The main tasks could include but not limited to -
- Sign 2nd signature for supervision of work within trade boundary, regardless of 1st signatory's rank
- Insert controlled forms in MOD Form 700/IMS
- Carry out self-supervised maintenance activities within own trade if authorised through Maintenance Manager or Deputy Maintenance Manager
- Maintaining a PEVL to establish continuity of experience. Ensure that all tradesmen return the individual PEVLs for validation of entries on a regular basis.
- Maintain Environmental, Quality, Security and Health & Safety standards as defined by Babcock Policy
- Behave in line with the Being Babcock set of principles.
- Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are always implemented and complied with .
- Maintaining an effective changeover by debriefs or written log to provide a smooth transition and continuation of trade tasks between each shift where and when applicable
- Champion a culture of Near Miss and Error Reporting and take the lead for subsequent investigations
- All staff are to ensure that they maintain the standard of security policies and procedures as stipulated within Station and Hawk Security Standing Orders.
- All staff are responsible for ensuring that all Information Technology and Information Management processes, policies, procedures and controls are adhered to for all IT systems within their use.
- Supervise weapon loading team
- Supervise weapon preparation team
- Supervise aircraft armament system maintenance
What is the role -
You will be required to ensure all trade tasks pertinent to the maintenance, rectification and preparation of the authority's assets are carried out with the correct level of supervision by persons authorised and competent to do so. Tasks are to be monitored and carried out in a safe and efficient manner to ensure task progression meets the allocated flying program without compromising flight safety or the airworthiness of the aircraft. Any problems or foreseen delays are to be passed direct to Senior Supervisor. This role will operate on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern of 12 hours duration; 12:00 noon to 12 midnight, which will attract a shift premium in addition to stated salary.
Looking for someone with -
- 3 years industry technician level
- QMS Training, Supervisors in Aviation
- Training in an Aircraft related discipline to City & Guilds 2675 Level 3 or equivalent
Quality and Air Safety Management Systems Training
If you wish to APPLY for this role please send your CV to be considered, If you do have any questions or want more information please give me a call on 0161 707 15