N. Wales, Wales
9 months ago
To ensure trade tasks pertinent to the maintenance, rectification and preparation of the authority's assets are carried out with the correct level of supervision by persons authorised and competent to do so. Tasks are to be monitored and carried out in a safe and efficient manner to ensure task progression meets the allocated flying program without compromising flight safety or the airworthiness of the aircraft. Any problems or foreseen delays are to be passed direct to Senior Supervisor. This role will operate on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern of 12 hours duration; 12:00 noon to 12 midnight, which will attract a shift premium in addition to stated salary.
The Supervisor will be responsible for meeting agreed delivery targets at a tactical level. Demonstrate people management and leadership skills. Oversee all authorised tasks providing oversight and assurance of the quality of the service, and foster being the clients culture/total safety. The post holder will be an experienced and highly skilled technician undertaking a range of detailed maintenance activities on an aircraft component, demonstrating the ability to derive diagnostic techniques as required. They shall be responsible for maintaining airworthiness through appropriate task authorisation on an aircraft or aircraft component. Demonstrates awareness of broader external dependencies and identified areas for continuous improvement.
The main tasks could include but not limited to:
· Sign 2nd signature for supervision of work within trade boundary, regardless of 1st signatory's rank
· Insert controlled forms in MOD Form 700/IMS
· Carry out self-supervised maintenance activities within own trade if authorised through Maintenance Manager or Deputy Maintenance Manager
· Maintaining a PEVL to establish continuity of experience. Ensure that all tradesmen return the individual PEVLs for validation of entries on a regular basis.
· Maintain Environmental, Quality, Security and Health & Safety standards as defined by the clients Policy
· Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times.
· Maintaining an effective changeover by debriefs or written log to provide a smooth transition and continuation of trade tasks between each shift where and when applicable
· Champion a culture of Near Miss and Error Reporting and take the lead for subsequent investigations
· All staff are to ensure that they maintain the standard of security policies and procedures as stipulated within Station and Hawk Security Standing Orders.
· All staff are responsible for ensuring that all Information Technology and Information Management processes, policies, procedures and controls are adhered to for all IT systems within their use.
· Supervise weapon loading team
· Supervise weapon preparation team
· Supervise aircraft armament system maintenance
· Supervise movement of Aircraft Assisted Escape System and Crew Escape System safety devices
· Supervise maintenance of Aircraft Assisted Escape Systems, Crew Escape Systems or associated component parts
· Undertake independent checks of Aircraft Assisted Escape Systems, Crew Escape Systems or associated component parts
· Maintain Aircraft Assisted Escape Systems, Crew Escape System or associated component parts
· Move Aircraft Assisted Escape System and Crew Escape System safety devices
· Undertake vital checks of Aircraft Assisted Escape Systems, Crew Escape Systems or associated component parts
Technical Experience and Qualifications
· 3 years industry technician level
· QMS Training, Supervisors in Aviation
· Training in an Aircraft related discipline to City & Guilds 2675 Level 3 or equivalent
· Quality and Air Safety Management Systems Training
· Use engineering knowledge and understanding to apply technical practical skills
· Contribute to the design, development, manufacture, construction, commissioning operation or maintenance of products, equipment, processes, systems or services
· Accept and exercise personal responsibility
· Use effective communication and interpersonal skills
· Make a personal commitment to an appropriate code of professional conduct, recognising obligations to society, the profession and the environment Positive attitude
· Manual Handling
· Fire Training
· Human Factors / Continuation Training.
· Sign 2nd Sig Within Trade Boundary
· Sign 1st Signature within Trade Boundary.
· Condition Equipment Serviceable & U/S in Trade
· Wiring Husbandry
· Specify Extent of Indie in Source Trade
· Co-ordinate Maintenance Tasks
· Apply / Remove Aircraft Electrical Power.
· Supervise Ground Handling
· Indie Inspections in source Trade
· Aircraft Brakeman.
· Fuelling Aircraft on Ground.
· Enter Cockpit
· Insert / Remove Controlled Forms, (Land Away Paperwork)
· Basic Principles
· Charging of gas systems
· Knowledge of applicable legislation and Standards
· Knowledge of Quality Management Systems (QMS)
· Knowledge of human factors, human performance and limitations
· Knowledge of logistics processes
· Knowledge of organisation capabilities, privileges and limitations
· Knowledge of Part-M, Part-145 and any other relevant regulations
· Knowledge of relevant parts of the maintenance organisation exposition and procedures
· Knowledge of occurrence reporting system and understanding of the importance of reporting occurrences, incorrect maintenance data and existing or potential defects
· Knowledge of safety risks linked to the working environment
· Knowledge on wiring and husbandry when relevant
· Understanding of professional integrity, behaviour and attitude towards safety
· Understanding of conditions for ensuring continuing airworthiness of aircraft and components
· Understanding of his/her own human performance and limitations
· Understanding of personnel authorisations and limitations
· Understanding critical task
· Ability to compile and control completed work cards
· Ability to consider human performance and limitations
· Ability to determine required qualifications for task performance
· Ability to identify and rectify existing and potential unsafe conditions
· Ability to manage third parties involved in maintenance activity
· Ability to confirm proper accomplishment of maintenance tasks
· Ability to identify and properly plan performance of critical task
· Ability to prioritise tasks and report discrepancies
· Ability to process the work requested by the operator
· Ability to promote the safety and quality policy
· Ability to properly process removed, uninstalled and rejected parts
· Ability to properly records and sign for work accomplished
· Ability to understand work orders, work cards and refer to and use applicable maintenance data
· Ability to use information systems
· Ability to use, control and be familiar with required tooling and/or equipment
· Adequate communication and literacy skills
· Teamwork, decision-making and leadership skills
Behavioural and Leadership Competency Profile: Insert the relevant behavioural requirements for the level of job, these can be found in the divisional Behavioural & Leadership Framework.
· Maintains a positive and enthusiastic approach whilst striving to deliver local targets and goals
· Follows up, monitors and reports on progress and results
· Initiates and communicates corrective actions when appropriate
· Organises the right resources to produce results
· Remains focussed to deliver against objectives when faced with competing demands
Leading Innovation and Change
· Is energised by a change agenda.
· Encourages and accepts new ideas and concepts
· Approaches challenges as opportunities
· Adapts own behaviour to support organisational change objectives;
· Gains buy-in and participation from others for changing requirements to be met
Leading People and Teams
· Gives and receives regular feedback
· Deals with issues directly and encourages others to do the same
· Motivates and generates enthusiasm in others, using diverse skills and ideas.
· Does the right thing and communicates appropriately even if unpopular
· Develops people to reach their full potential
Leading Customer Focus
· Measures and monitors customer satisfaction
· Deals constructively with problems arising involving the customer in the decision making process.
· Guides and encourages others in developing their customer care skills to ensure customer satisfaction.
· Displays a 'can-do' approach in response to changing customer demands
· Champions a climate of inclusion and involvement
· Demonstrates an interest in and understanding of others.
· Seeks and encourages diversity of opinions
· Willingly seeks out, recognises and uses creatively what different people have to offer
· Actively manages the safety process, follows safety procedures and policies