Leeds, West Yorkshire
benefits, company car and bonus
about 1 month ago
A brilliant opportunity for an experienced Area Sales Manager or recent graduate looking to break into the Construction and Engineering Sales sector.
A leading manufacturer and provider of building products is looking for an Area Sales Manager to join them within their Building Products Division.
This position will be based out of the Yorkshire region covering clients from Yorkshire, the North East and Scotland.
The focus of the role will be construction product sales, and your aim will be to deliver profitable sales growth within your region through the development of existing customer relationships and new opportunities through focused business development.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and improve existing business by ensuring all opportunities are maximised for the group, using key account management best practices and strategies.
- Obtain new customers and sales leads by conducting research into the geographical area to identify potential customers, including the use of Barbour ABI software.
- Develop a structured approach for reaching out to potential clients.
- Identify architects and engineers within the geographical region and formulate a plan around support of those consultants.
- Build and maintain industry and competitor knowledge, sharing knowledge with the wider team as appropriate with suggestions on new product development and report on key competitor activities
- Deliver estimates based upon company pricing structure/policy and negotiate with customers, ensuring appropriate margins are achieved.
- Approach new and existing customers to obtain enquiries for live projects that can be designed and estimated.
- Liaise with technical team concerning viability of new sections, lead times, delivery details, machine availability, manufacturing programmes etc.
- Follow up overdue accounts when requested
- Monitor business trends of all accounts within area identifying new business opportunities / threats and develop strategy and actions to address any negative trends.
- Deliver profitable growth through introduction of new product ranges and increase volumes of existing product ranges.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Good commercial acumen
- Good knowledge and understanding of the UK construction market and its routes to market
- Ability to analyse sales data
- Good negotiation skills
- Resilience with the ability to work well under pressure
- HNC/HND/Degree in an engineering or construction discipline
- UK driving license
- Desirable: Proven experience of exceeding targets in an Internal sales role
- Competitive starting salary
- Up to 20% Bonus based on performance and sales targets
- Fully expensed company car
- Early finish on a Friday
- 20 days holidays plus 8 stat
- Training and Development Opportunities