Up to £65.00 per hour
about 1 month ago
Our client BAE Systems are recruiting for a contract AREA NUCLEAR GOVERNANCE ENGINEER for their site in Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria.
Supporting Engineering Nuclear governance of Site Remediation Programme, reporting to the Site & Facilities Governance manager.
Advising and supporting Major Facility, infrastructure and Equipment Projects on Nuclear compliance across the full lifecycle from Design through to final handover. Ultimately ensuring compliance with the Site Nuclear License conditions on behalf of the Site Engineering department.
This role will oversee standards, procedures, training, govern new build/modification strategies and be a key interface between stakeholders including Safety Case team, various Project delivery teams, the Design Authority, internal and external regulators.
This role will also actively seek and lead improvements that overall enhance control of new build/modifications on the Nuclear Licence site, whilst ensuring that these Projects are guided to a successful outcome that meets both business requirements and Safety functional performance.
KEY NOMINATIONS INCLUDE:
- Deputy Chair of Site Design Change Committee.
- LC Assurance lead.
- Regulator Liaison for associated Major projects.
- Govern the Nuclear Major Project Hold Point Control.
- Governance of 'Control of Site Construction, Installation, Commissioning and/or Modification of Site Facilities' procedures.
KEY SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Engineering discipline with good understanding of Nuclear Safety case methodology.
- Must have good interpersonal skills, be a good communicator at levels and have ability to influence others in a supportive approach whilst achieving strong governance across multiple stakeholders.
- Proven ability with Nuclear Governance/ Improvements across Operations, Safety Case, Maintenance and Major Projects on a Nuclear Licenced Site.