about 1 year ago
Morson International is proud to partnering an Engineering consultancy who are currently seeking an experienced Area Lead Engineer - CE&I for a 6 month contract.
To lead and co-ordinate the EC&I delivery of multi-discipline, engineering design for a project in accordance with agreed man hour budget, schedule and quality targets as defined in the project approved schedule and design quality plans. To ensure the delivery of discipline specific engineering designs for all plant areas are compliant with the relevant legal requirements and in line with Sellafield Ltd standards, European and British Standards, non-European standards and quality targets as defined in design quality plans.
Role and responsibilities to include:
- Lead and motivate their plant area EC&I team in line with the project mission and delivery objectives.
- Plan, arrange and record the output of any design verification activities carried out for their plant area, i.e. design reviews, constructability reviews, model reviews, assurance reviews, hazard identification studies.
- Identify, define and manage design interfaces with the other plant Area Lead Engineers to ensure fully co-ordinated designs.
- Delivering engineering designs for designated plant area, in accordance with quality requirements defined in the relevant Design Quality and Verification Plan.
- Delivering engineering designs for their respective plant area, working within the approved plant area budget and scheduled completion dates.
- Ensure their team works within the approved budget and scheduled completion dates for engineering design activities.
- Provide weekly updates of engineering progress to the Project Controls team for their plant area.
Ideal applicants will hold a good overall background within Engineering Management or Lead Engineer capacity with an EC&I background and hold proven experience within the Nuclear Industry