North West England, England
Up to £32.32 per hour + LTD
5 days ago
The client Programmes Engineering team are seeking a talented Part 3 qualified Architect to join their multi-disciplinary team, working within the defence sector in the UK and KSA. The applicant should have a minimum of 5 years practical experience within Architectural practices. The role includes working with clients and stakeholders to turn requirements into concept and developed designs, the production of concept / developed design documentation, liaising with our customers and contractors, reviewing third party design and construction drawings and material specifications, executing technical site surveys and writing reports. The successful applicant will have great people and interpersonal skills and be prepared to work as part of a high performing team to deliver construction projects and to ensure the correct Engineering governance is applied through the project lifecycle. The role is based in Preston, and will involve travel to other UK sites, with occasional overnight stays in the UK and potentially short overseas site visits, as required by the business.
- RIBA Part III Qualified with ARB Registration
- Fully proficient in the use of Revit and AutoCAD is essential for this role
- A minimum of 5 years post-part III work experience within the construction industry.
- Experience in the design and specification of buildings, structures, finishes and the ability to produce technical construction details.
- Full capability in the use of Revit Architecture 2015 BIM Level 2-3 with a good level of general IT computer skills including MS Word, Excel etc.
- Report to the Programmes Principal Architect and operate under his direction
- Interpret customer technical requirements and develop them into concept / developed design documents including detailed drawings.
- Carry out site surveys, condition surveys of existing buildings and write up survey reports.
- Carry out technical review of contractor's design drawings and documents for accuracy and compliance with requirements and specification.
- Work with the Project Management function on various projects to provide architectural input and support to projects as required.
- Manage own workload under minimal supervision to meet project deadlines.
- Attend engineering and project meetings, input architectural support and manage actions arising.
- Contribute to the Engineering Lifecycle (ELC) process, Risk Management, Safety, Health & the Environment (SHE), Product Safety and wider project issues as directed.