Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £0.00 per annum + negotiable
Rail Technical Team
10 months ago
Morson International are looking to recruit an experienced Architect or Design Lead to join a large, high profile, infrastructure project in the West Midlands.
As the Design Lead you will you will be responsible for the quality of design with particular emphasis on ensuring designs are developed in accordance with requirements and the Design Vision and championing good design.
About the role:
- Lead the design for Architecture, landscape, art & culture and independent design governance.
- Manage the relationship with the OIMD Design Team and independent design governance via the Design Panel;
- Co-chair the Engineering Cross Consultancy Meeting (with the Civil Engineering Manager) and act as risk champion jointly with the Lead Civil Engineering Manager; Ensuring the consistent delivery of station designs that comply with technical station requirements whilst being the designate Principal Designer's Representative for route wide design issues;
- Lead the area teams on the definition of design scope, including required investigations and support them in ensuring that the OIMD requirements are met by the Hybrid Bill design and through into construction procurement.
- Support the area teams develop project specific design proposals to meet company requirements; and to deliver value for money solutions across Phase 2;
- Oversee the integration of design interfaces across phase Two; and the design assurance activity of the phase two project ensuring that assurance requirements are delivered consistently by the area teams
- Be responsible for overseeing the consistent delivery of designs that comply with technical requirements for Utilities, Rail systems and Permanent Way Engineering including line management and support of the team.
- Understanding of engineering / design matters, reporting and associated risk management
- Broad expertise in developing multi-disciplinary designs in a rail environment
- Experience of similar role on a major rail or infrastructure project in a multi-disciplinary design and delivery environment
- Collaboration & Relationship Building: Work in collaboration with supply chain partners, stakeholders and colleagues to achieve quality outcomes, ensure value for money, manage risk and to ensure all voices are heard
- Engagement and Influential Communication: Communicate appropriately with a range of people, understanding different perspectives and adapting communication style to have a positive impact
- Results Orientated: Demonstrate energy and commitment, focusing efforts on achieving quality results and setting standards for excellence
- Delivery to scope and budget
- Manage all day to day issues related to the scope of the role. Specialist input may be procured from PSCs or externally as required.