Up to €320.00 per annum
11 days ago
Morson International working with a global consultancy who are looking for an Application and Database Support Specialist to join their team in Brussels. This is initially a 1 year contract with the chance of extending for a number of times - it will be a very long term contract.
- In close co-operation with project managers and Institutions technicians, specialized service desk for the running-in of the new versions of the information systems second and third level support service desk in the context of Institutions information systems
- Monitoring Institutions instances for information systems and ensures their operational status according to the agreed SLA and act accordingly in case of failure, proactive incident and/or escalation.
- Writing/reviewing/updating technical documentation for information systems updating training material and operations guides
- Troubleshoot complex issues that may involve dealing with Java and PL/SQL code
- Debug software code and in particular Java or PL/SQL applications
- Troubleshoot complex installations of a multi-node piece of software
- Giving feedback to the development teams about the quality and stability of the information systems
- Providing remote technical support to internal and external end users
- Provide support to parties outside the Institution in the installation of the software on a variety of platforms (Weblogic, Jboss/Wildfly, Oracle, PostgreSQL)
- Following agreed procedures, respond to requests for assistance by providing information to enable users to resolve their problems.
- Maintaining accurate records of all issues with resolution and contact details.
- Installation and routine maintenance of above mentioned system
- Make continual improvements to procedures and documentation.
- Providing an effective interface between users and service providers supplying all necessary diagnostic information according to procedures
- Ensuring technical queries not progressing are escalated
- Proactively monitor the systems and resolve issue before affecting the end users
- Application and database installation, configuration and management
- Database monitoring and tuning
- Monitoring of application usage and performance
- Access management
- Bachelor Degree in IT or related field with a minimum of 12 years of professional experience in IT, working as 2nd or 3rd line support.
- Proven knowledge and experience in end user assistance and support of information systems is required
- Good knowledge in debugging Java or PL-SQL applications
- Good knowledge of X.509 certificates (TLS/SSL)
- Knowledge of application servers (e.g Oracle Weblogic, Wildfly)
- Experience with ITIL or similar methodologies
- Good knowledge of DBMS administration
- Good knowledge of ORACLE DBMS
- Be solution oriented, trying to provide the best solution at the 2nd / 3rd level support
- Very good written and spoken English is required
If you are interested and would like to find out more, apply now and we will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Paul from Morson for more information.