£0.00 - £58.64 per hour
7 months ago
Are you a creative applications developer? If so, we'd like you to join our close-knit, multi-talented team, embarking on an ambitious and exciting digitisation project, producing data driven mobile and web applications.
With your design and development skills, you'll be able to help us to provide information to our customers (both internal and external) however they want to receive it: from desktops to the cloud and onto mobile devices, from live streams to automated decision making. You'll work on our ground-breaking and invaluable customer support solutions, creating new opportunities to allow us to grow.
Key Responsibility Areas
You'll be involved in a combination of:
Front-end development - taking the customer's user stories, turning them into requirements and using them to develop web and Android based applications that you will then test with the customer.
Back-end development - creating the back-end data services and repositories that allow different customers secure access to the data they need when they need it.
Other things we'd like you to do:
* Adapt and modify the applications to improve functionality and usability
* Propose improvements that would enhance the user experience
* Documentation and configuration management of the design
* Ensure re-use and modularity across any solutions proposed
* Personally coach and mentor junior engineers
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
You'll need to have:
* Experience of design of micro-services and APIs (REST, JSON)
* Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
* Understanding of how to create good software architecture
* Excellent working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and agile methodologies
* Self-motivated with an aptitude for problem solving and an ability to drive difficult issues to conclusion
We'd also like it if you have:
* Experience working in a cloud environment
* Ability to build user interfaces on Android platforms
* Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
* Working to tight deadlines either on a regular or ad hoc basis will be required
* This role can be based on any main UK site, but the preference is Luton or Southampton.
* As S3 is a geographically dispersed line of business, the role will include travel within the UK, and possibly also abroad, to support customer meetings or demonstration activities. In some cases you will also be expected to stay overnight as part of this travel.