Crawley, West Sussex
£45.00 - £50.00 per hour
5 months ago
ANSI C Software Engineer required to support the development of the Avionics products.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Originate, specify and prove designs to meet project operational requirements.
- Support forward planning activities for project activities and to support the generation of relevant development plans.
- Support the generation of project cost and schedule information and support the review of that data.
- Ensure the product is delivered on time and to budget
- Support the management of project risks.
- Ensure that project safety and airworthiness requirements are addressed in a manner consistent with company processes.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- ANSI C
- Seasoned in supporting RTCA DO-178B software development
- Good knowledge of Avionics Products and System developments
- Configuration Management tools e.g ClearCase, Subversion
- Change Control tools e.g. ClearQuest, Jira
- Real time development/debugging experience on embedded targets.
- Agile Software Development
DESIRABLE SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Use of test equipment e.g A429 bus analysers, Spectrum Analysers, Simulations etc
- QML Qt for HMI Implementation
- Squish for HMI Verification
- Knowledge of Cockpit and Mission Systems
- Application development in MS Windows environment
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK AN ANSI C SOFTWARE ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)