25 days ago
Ancillary Buildings Electrical Support. Perm or Contract, Bristol
The Design Engineering Team/Electrical Team take the lead and operate as the Responsible Designer for the Electrical Systems under Nuclear New Build responsibility.
The scope of works covered by the team includes the following:
* DTV (IT & Communication systems),
* IES (Security Electrical Erection),
* Site wide electrical distribution (including LG/LK, LL-, LLS systems) and external lighting (LSI system)
* Electrical Building Services for the site buildings (about 15 Ancillary Buildings across the site
* including the Operational Service Centre, Auxiliary Boiler Facility, Severe Accident Emergency
* Response Facilities, Security Facilities, Waste Stores, Training Centres, Public Information Centre and Warehouses...).
This team, in support of the DET/Site Buildings Team, is also responsible for delivering the design of all Electrical services within these buildings.
Nature and Scope
To face the increasing workload with the development and the progress of the Ancillary Buildings design, the DET/Electrical Team needs external Electrical Engineer support to reinforce and ensure the delivery and the surveillance of the Ancillary Buildings contractors design.
The expected external Electrical Engineer shall support the DET Ancillary Buildings Electrical Coordinator and the Building Services Lead in the Supervision, Coordination and Surveillance of the detail design produced by the Consultant or Contractor to ensure delivery on Time and Budget in accordance with Regulatory and Technical Requirements.
As an Electrical building services engineer:
* Support technical specifications preparation for the consultants and contractors developing the
* design of the building.
* Contribute to the bidders' technical assessment.
* Surveillance of subcontracted design activities.
* Liaise with stakeholders involved in the specification, procurement, design, construction, use,
* maintenance and decommissioning of the electrical building services.
* Support design reviews as part of the staged delivery.
* Analyse and resolve any technical design issues presented by consultants and contractors,
* challenge their proposals.
* Manage technical interfaces with other teams.
* Manage the changes and non-conformances occurring during the design.
* Manage potential deviations with respect to requirements from stakeholders.
* Assess any changes proposed during construction
* Apply QA processes, procedures and tools to manage the design activities (NNB arrangements,
* interface specifications with the Responsible Designer)
* Raise alerts to the building leads where necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
* Degree qualified or equivalent in Electrical Engineering/Building Services discipline. Chartership
* Experience in the design of Electrical building services systems from concept to commissioning and
* Experience in design management and coordination of building projects.
* Solid Technical knowledge of building design and construction
* Experience of working to RIBA plan of work and BSRIA.
* Experienced in buildings standards, CIBSE and engineering procedures in the UK.
* Accuracy, tenacity, diplomacy, results-oriented.
* Acknowledged organisational skills.
* Excellent communication/interpersonal skills/team working.
* Ability to work independently and be proactive.
* Discretion, ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information.
* Experience in nuclear industry advantageous but not essential.
* Awareness RCC-E codes advantageous but not essential.
* Experience of Equipment Qualification to external hazards advantageous but not essential.