Up to £28.50 per hour
9 months ago
Duration: 6 Months
Rate: £28.50 Ltd. Per Hour
We currently have a vacancy for an Analytical QC Chemist with a Defence client based in Glascoed. The role would be within their Land/Heavy Munitions division.
The Glascoed Laboratory undertakes chemical and physical testing in support of Quality Assurance (QA), Quality Control (QC), Engineering and SHE activities. The laboratory has requirements to achieve the highest standards for Safety, Health, Environment and Quality in the work it does.
The overall aim of the Laboratory is to support the Site Operations and Engineering Departments to ensure that delivery programmes are achieved by providing an analytical service on a timely basis.
As a Chemist, you will be liaising with key customers and the Laboratory Manager to ensure analytical tests are carried out to customer requirements
To achieve this, your main responsibilities as a Laboratory Chemist's will be:-
- To follow prescribed analytical test methods in support of site activities
- To ensure that all work in the laboratory is undertaken in compliance with all relevant safety, health, environment requirements.
- To ensure testing and equipment is in compliance with the requirements of the laboratory quality certification and calibration standards.
- To liaise with internal customers and the Laboratory Manager to ensure testing is carried out to meet site delivery requirements
- To ensure test results are reported promptly and that appropriate records and documentation are maintained correctly
- To assist in the development of analytical methods
- To assist in the preparation of safe systems of work for the analytical methods required to be undertaken
- Other tasks as required by the Laboratory Manager to ensure effective operation of the Laboratories.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK AN ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL)