18 days ago
Our client a leading energy Company are currently recruiting for an Analyst on a contract basis based in Liverpool.
This role will be suited to a part qualified accountant who is keen to work in an analytical, commercial and data driven role, with the opportunity to influence and interact non-finance staff.
As a Business Analyst your work is essential to contribute to the preparation and development of the reported results for all operating and capital costs, providing comprehensive analysis and commentary to the business.
- Provision of timely, accurate and relevant reporting on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to provide commentary and insight on actual versus forecast performance and potential impacts.
- Preparation of the Regulatory Reporting submissions to OFGEM to ensure robust and accurate cost and volume information is reported.
- Produce annual budgets and quarterly forecasts with supporting commentary and analysis.
- Analysis of Capital Expenditure allocation.
- Chair Business Review meetings to facilitate the ongoing monitoring of risks and sensitivities to current year targets, using own judgement to identify corrective action where appropriate
- Proactively drive and support Project Managers to ensure tight control of costs.
- Support the development of new business performance measures and reports.
Skills & Requirements:
- Demonstrable problem-solving ability, with previous analyst experience.
- Experience of forecasting a variety of financial information.
- Numerically articulate and commercially aware with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to assimilate a large amount of complex, interlinked data and to make balanced decisions based on that data
- Proven ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
- Organised multitasker, able to prioritise workload to meet deadlines, whilst achieving results
- Quick thinker, able to provide level-headed guidance
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills when working with multiple peer groups and varying levels of seniority
To be successful in a role you will need to demonstrate as minimum:
- Professional Qualification/working towards Professional Qualification in Business/ Finance or any similar discipline with a clear analytical bias.
- Significant relevant experience in similar business analyst positions
- Working knowledge of SAP financials.
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency in Excel (VLookups, Pivot Tables).