Up to £32.00 per hour
3 months ago
A vacancy has arisen for an Analogue / Power Design Engineer within the Communication Products Group based in Stevenage.
The Communication Products Group is responsible for the development of Digital Processors for use in Telecommunication Satellites. The processor functionality ranges from high capacity channelisers, supporting inter-satellite optical data links, to implementing cryptographic algorithms to protect the spacecraft.
This demanding role involves developing some of the highest performing digital communication payload equipment available anywhere in the world, and be part of the rapidly expanding UK space sector.
The availability of advanced Payload Equipment is the driving force behind the digital telecommunication satellite industry, and the team is a proven world leader in this field.
- Technical responsibility for electronic design of analogue and power circuitry and power interfaces for processor equipment, starting from the customer specification through to delivered flight hardware.
- Commissioning of prototype designs at board and unit level, debug, characterisation and design verification.
- Generating design concepts and detailed circuit design, component selection, simulation and schematic capture of analogue and power circuits.
- Designing with consideration of PCB power integrity, board size constraints, thermal dissipations, grounding, fault propagation and electrical safety.
- Working closely with the product responsible engineer and PCB layout engineers.
- Generation of documentation to support equipment design eg. Worst Case Analysis, Parts Stress Analysis, FMECA.
- Following design processes and supporting customer reviews, both internal and external to the company.
Skills / Experience:
- Power electronic circuit design
- Knowledge of active protection circuits, magnetics, and DC-DC converters, preferably in the range of 100V downwards
- Design analyses and willingness to provide hands-on support to hardware assembly, integration, environmental qualification and production testing.
- Experience of schematic design capture and simulation using packages such as - Mentor Graphics Tools (e.g. DxDesigner / CES flow, Expedition, Hyperlynx) Cadence, Matlab, Pspice
- Experience of hardware design cycle, from requirements capture, through schematic design and constraints capture.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills, team player - including presenting to clients and communicating designs to technical & non-technical audiences.
- Experience in the space or aerospace sectors
Education & Training:
- Educated to degree level in Electronic Engineering or related discipline.