£75000.00 - £85000.00 per annum + Net salary package
2 months ago
Avionics & Mission Systems Engineer
Ankara, Turkey - 2-4 year contract - Net package of £75,000 to £85,000 per annum (after tax has been deducted)
We currently have an exciting vacancy for an AMS (Avionics & Mission Systems) System Engineer working with our clients highly experienced team in the cosmopolitan city of Ankara, Turkey. You will be working on a next generation fighter aircraft project in a joint development between UK & Turkish industry. Within this role you will be Accountable to the AMS Systems Engineering & Integration Team Lead, you will be responsible for developing the Avionics & Mission System to Preliminary Design standard.
Working as part of integrated Avionics and Mission Systems Team; jointly responsible for the following items:
Systems Design: Mission Management System
- Sub-System Requirement Definition. Working within Avionics and Mission Management Team to prepare requirement set for MMS Sub-System.
- Equipment Technical Specification(s). Preparation of Equipment Technical Specification for Integrated Processing Unit, in conjunction with Tübitak (selected Turkish supplier).
- Sub-System Functional Definition, in support of the above.
- Sub-System Performance Analysis, in support of the above.
- Sub-System Hazard Analysis, in support of the above.
Systems Installation: Mission Management System
- Installation Requirement Definition. Working with Supplier and Design Installation team to establish installation requirements for IPU, including physical and electrical interfaces.
- Addressing Maintainability and Supportability considerations within installation design.
Your skills and qualifications:
- Interpersonal skills and an aptitude to working with our international partner
- Complex system design integration on an air platform
- Early and Full Engineering Lifecycle phases
- Mission System Design including Safety Hazard analysis
- Mission System Computing
- Operational requirements analysis and decomposition
- Requirements management & system functional partitioning
- Identification of Critical Design Features
- Management by maturity
- Operator interfaces
- Information assurance
- Certification and accreditation
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the project involved all candidates will be required to undertake a full UK MOD Security Clearance (SC level) before starting. If the applicant is already SC cleared this will be transferred to the clients UK headquarters for the full duration of the project.
This is a fixed term contract position offering the following benefits in addition to a competitive base salary:
Home leave allowance - to maintain links with family (contribution to additional flights)
Car Allowance and access to car scheme
Access to Furnished & Serviced Accommodation or cash equivalent (£10,000)
Medical and emergency dental insurance
Immigration and destination services support
Expatriation and Repatriation support