about 2 months ago
Algorithm Systems Engineer
Duration: 6 months
Rate: Negotiable (PAYE and Umbrella only)
The successful candidate will work on a project which is developing, building and testing real hardware for a key missile sub-system. The role is to develop and model the algorithmic design to define the seeker functionality and ability to track targets.
This role will allow you to demonstrate your algorithmic design and modelling skills in developing the algorithms to track targets and to control the seeker, to produce a dynamic mathematical model of the seeker and its target environment. The role includes aspects of algorithm design, simulation and modelling, auto-code generation and performance assessment. Part-time and flexible working will be considered.
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- You will be able to demonstrate your exposure and proven ability around algorithmic design, ideally you will have knowledge in developing large scale complex models.
- You will be able to demonstrate your simulation and modelling techniques and detail your exposure of simulating models of real-world systems.
- You will be able to detail your proven ability and knowledge of key tools such as Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow or C++ programming
- You will have an appreciation of radar systems, control systems. Digital signal processing knowledge would be advantageous
- Algorithm development
- Have a willingness to learn about the project, tools and methods
- Demonstrate persistence to get the job done
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).