22 days ago
Algorithm Development Engineer
Duration: 6 Months
Our client is a world leader in missile and weapons systems. They seek an Algorithm Development Engineer to join a team of 65, developing Algorithms in a variety of domains. The main toolset used will be MATLAB/Simulink, but proficiency in FORTRAN or C would be relevant for legacy products.
- Algorithm design, development and proving for missile, Command & Control, and mission planning applications. This includes algorithms in the domains of:
- Control, Guidance, and Navigation
- Image processing for EO and RF systems
- Data fusion
- Classification/pattern recognition & tracking
- Decision making and motion / route planning for decision support and autonomous systems
- Analysis of closed-loop model simulations
- Analysis of sub-system and system trials/firing data
- Generation and maintenance of design documents
- Preparation and presentation of material at reviews
- Working with Systems, Simulation & Modelling, and Software Engineers to support the integration and validation of algorithm performance and the embedded software.
The hosting department works through the full lifecycle, including research studies and development/certification. The work of the hosting department is broad, and there is scope for existing team members to be moved around to accommodate candidates with particular skills.
Proven Ability / Skills / Knowledge
- Strong Mathematical and Analytical skills.
- Proven ability using MATLAB / Simulink.
- Algorithm Development.
- Proven ability with FORTRAN / C would be desirable.
Ideally candidates should have some knowledge of one or more of the following domains:
- Flight Dynamics
- Dynamic Systems
- Optimal Control
- Multivariable Controls
- Guidance Systems
- Trajectory Optimisation
- Estimation/tracking and Kalman filters
- Integrated Navigation
- Computer Vision
- Image and signal processing for detection and tracking
- Autonomous systems
- Pattern recognition
- Decision making
- Artificial intelligence / Machine learning
- Stochastic Processes
However, candidates possessing a strongly mathematical background who can apply themselves to these domains would also be of interest. This position would be ideal for people already working in defence, or from an academic background.
Additional: Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).