2 months ago
Statemate Migration Engineer
Duration: 6 Months
The individual will work within a team in the Guidance, Control & Navigation (GCN) department. The objective of the role is to re-instate GCN algorithms, currently specified in Statemate, in Matlab/Simulink.
- Knowledge of Statemate is not required for this role. The PDF export of the algorithm specification will be used as the master definition for the algorithms. This PDF export contains block diagrams, state charts and pseudo-code.
- Knowledge of GCN techniques is not a prerequisite for the role. GCN experts will provide specialist support when required.
- For each software task, convert the algorithms specified in Statemate to Matlab/Simulink.
- Verify the Matlab/Simulink implementation of each task (unit testing). This will be achieved by simulating engagements in the DRM (Dynamic Reference model, which embeds the C code implementation of the algorithms, auto-generated from Statemate, and a representation of the real world), by recording the inputs to and outputs from each task at each simulation time step, and by replaying each engagement through the Matlab/Simulink implementation, via a test harness, to check that both implementations produce identical outputs. The simulated engagements will need to be wide ranging such that a code and decision coverage of 100% is achieved across all the engagements. The Matlab code coverage tool will be used for this task.
- Integrate the unit tested tasks inside the Simulink Software architecture and verify the end-to-end implementation of the algorithms, using the same methodology as above.
- Produce a verification report.
- University Degree with a strong mathematical background.
- Proficiency in the use of Matlab/Simulink; in particular developing programs in Simulink, embedded Matlab language, and Stateflow, which are suitable for automatic code generation and execution on a real-time platform.
- Proven aility of developing code in the C programming language; in particular S-functions for execution within Simulink.
- Ability to communicates clearly, concisely, accurately both verbally and in writing.
- Substantial analytical and problem-solving skills.
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the project involved all applicants must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level.