19 days ago
Our client is seeking a contractor as an Airworthiness Officer/ Airworthiness Engineer, to support their Office of Airworthiness team.
The Office of Airworthiness team's main functions are to act as an interface between the company and the regulating authority/agency, and to coordinate the demonstration of compliance to ensure the airworthiness of aircraft changes and repairs under both military and civil design approvals.
Travel will be required between our client's UK sites.
For aircraft design changes and repairs:
- Establish and maintain certification compliance plans.
- Advise on airworthiness and environmental protection requirements.
- Support classification. (Major/Minor)
- Manage certification programmes, including the tracking of compliance documents.
- Support preparation of modification and repair data sheets.
- Prepare data packs for, and coordinate with, the Compliance Verification Engineers.
- Coordinate the preparation of associated Service Bulletins.
- Update design and airworthiness procedures.
- Provide regular reports to the Head of Airworthiness.
- Manage the preparation of Flight Test Permits.
REQUIRED SKILLS/ PROVEN ABILITY:
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Aerospace design background, ideally in an airworthiness/regulatory related environment.
- Membership of a Professional body is desirable.