8 months ago
Our client are looking for an Airworthiness Engineer to work on Landing gears. The person is expected to have a strong ability in Airworthiness, Structure and Systems Engineering and to know understand processes for Certification and Configuration management to get a Designated Airworthiness Engineer (DAE) nomination in a very short time to bring back flexibility and resilience within the team.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong ability in Airworthiness & Certification (CS25, EASA/FAA)
- Strong ability in Certification Process and Configuration Management processes and tools
- Ability in Wing Structure, Systems Installation and Landing Gear Engineering (Landing Gear Systems Engineer, Task Leaders, Braking & Steering Systems, BSCS, LGERS, Wheels, Tyres, Brakes)
- Knowledge of Aircraft Modification Process
- Ability in Aircraft Configuration Management
- Accountable for ensuring robust management of Modifications approval within allocated scope of responsibility. This will be primarily the Wing/Landing Gear domain but support to other UK domains will be required depending on relative workloads.
- Accountable for exercising Airworthiness approval privileges on behalf of EASA
- Accountable for ensuring certification deliverables are achieved for allocated Certification tasks
Reporting to the Head of Sub-domain Wing Structures & Landing Gear for:-
- Managing timely accomplishment of UK led Modifications.
- Reviewing TRS for airworthiness input and classification
- Managing the integrity, philosophy and timely completion of certification projects proposed to both the EASA and the foreign Authorities in the framework of major and minor changes for all aircraft types.
- Empowered with decision making for Airbus when interfacing with Authorities and as such, Resolves conflicts and complex issues with the Airworthiness Authorities and take decisions and actions.
- Providing Airworthiness Approvals and independent check of certification documents within agreed DOM nomination (for Type certification and modification) on behalf of EASA (CVE/DAE signatories).
- Management of the approval of modifications and release of Service Bulletins to meet aircraft delivery and customer requirements.
- Performing airworthiness activities in the modification process, specifically preparation/processing of approval of MAS and Airworthiness Signature, classification, act as Major Change Coordinator, preparation of Major Change Documentation and submission to Authorities, and interface with the Authorities technical experts
- Participating in creation of new IT tools/processes for use within the Airworthiness//Certification environment, both internally and externally
- Liaising with internal and external departments/ Aviation Authorities