£29.00 - £30.00 per hour + Ltd
3 months ago
Continued Airworthiness Engineer
Bristol - 12 month contract - Pay rate £30 p/h Ltd
We are looking to recruit an Airworthiness Engineer to work within the Single Aisle Continued Airworthiness Team in Filton, Bristol. The jobholder will work to ensure in-service airworthiness topics for ATA chapters are progressed and delivered as per process agreed with the Airworthiness Authorities.
The team is looking for a candidate with proven knowledge of Continued Airworthiness, a working knowledge and understanding of the civilian aircraft regulatory framework would be an advantage. The successful candidate will have the ability work across multiple disciplines, and the ability to manage parallel streams of work to delivering to challenging timescales.
- To work closely with the Design Office to ensure that Airworthiness deliverables are produced on time and to quality.
- Give advice on airworthiness process to Design Office and Local Chief Engineering.
- Prepare and present material at Airworthiness Review Meetings with EASA
- Coordinate with multiple stakeholders including Chief Engineering, Customer services, Central airworthiness, Airworthiness Authorities when corrective actions are required in-service
- Ensure Airbus maintains the type certificate and adheres to the Airworthiness Process as agreed with the Airworthiness Authorities.
The successful candidate will need to have:
- High organizational skills
- Strong professional manner
- Familiar with the civil airline regulatory framework
- Broad knowledge of aircraft structure and systems
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Strong communication skills with all levels of management
- Ability to manage a multiple workstreams and work to tight deadlines
- Recognise the need for precise language in written responses
- Develop an Airworthiness mindset
What are the key challenges of the role?
Ability to coordinate with multiple stakeholders. Airworthiness risk assessments include contributions from multiple disciplines that require ratification from Airworthiness and Chief Engineering. Ensuring that airworthiness requirements are taken into account from the start of an investigation so they are reflected in the final deliverable is key. Airworthiness is a particular mindset that requires precise rational and an eye for detail.
What are the highlights of the job?
This is a reactive role to in-service events that allows the successful candidate to gain exposure to multiple systems and structures of the aircraft. No two days are the same within this position which means you are always learning.