Up to £36.00 per hour
11 months ago
Airworthiness Engineer - Contract 6 Months - Filton, Bristol - Pay £36.00 Ltd per hour
- Accountable for ensuring our client in the UK has robust management of Modifications approval within allocated scope of responsibility. This will be primarily the Wing/Landing Gear domain but support to other UK domains will be required depending on reletaive workloads.
- Accountable for exercising Airworthiness approval privileges on behalf of EASA
- Accountable for ensuring certification deliverables are achieved for allocated Certification tasks
- Manage timely accomplishment of UK led Modifications.
- Review TRS for airworthiness input and classification
- Manage the integrity, philosophy and timely completion of certification projects proposed to both the EASA and the foreign Authorities in the framework of major and minor changes for all aircraft types.
- Empowered with decision making for our client when interfacing with Authorities and as such, resolves conflicts and complex issues with the Airworthiness Authorities and take decisions and actions on behalf of our client.
- Provide Airworthiness Approvals and independent check of certification documents within agreed DOM nomination (for Type certification and modification) on behalf of EASA (CVE/DAE signatories).
- Management of the approval of modifications and release of Service Bulletins to meet aircraft delivery and customer requirements.
- Perform airworthiness activities in the modification process, specifically preparation/processing of approval of MAS and Airworthiness Signature, classification, act as Major Change Coordinator, preparation of Major Change Documentation and submission to Authorities, and interface with the Authorities technical experts
- Participate in creation of new IT tools/processes for use within the Airworthiness//Certification environment, both internally and externally
- Manage EAA actions to ensure timely approval of Type Certificate and modifications.
- Approved compliance documents or modifications, exercising delegated responsibilities and privileges granted to client by EASA - for the Type certificate and Post type certification activities.
- Provides completion of certification plans/summaries for Major Modifications
- Strong proven ability in Landing Gear Engineering (Landing Gear Systems Engineer, Task Leaders, Braking & Steering Systems, BSCS, LGERS, Wheels, Tyres, Brakes)
- Proven ability in Airworthiness & Certification (CS25, EASA/FAA)
- Proven ability in Aircraft Modification Process
- Proven ability in Aircraft Configuration Management
WE SEEK AN AIRWORTHINESS ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)