Morson Talent are currently recruiting an Aircraft Technician on the Forward Support Term to work on a permanent basis at RNAS Yeovilton. This position is working Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week on a days' routine.
MAIN ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- To hold authorisations to the minimum level required by WMS, this is to include first signature within own trade group and as detailed in OP 1103 and IAW individual Record of Engineering Authorisations (REA).
- Maintain technical currency and authorisation through the training programme and reading disseminated information.
- Aircraft maintenance within trade, as tasked by the Controllers and IAW published procedures and Instructions.
- Observing authorised tool control procedures (WMS OP 502) when carrying out maintenance work on aircraft and aircraft associated bay work.
- Aircraft Refuelling and De-fuelling when appropriately authorised
- Operation and maintenance of AGE and Hangar facilities as directed.
- Preparation of aircraft for road or air transportation as required.
- Participation in exercise detachments and aircraft recovery operations as required.
- Maintenance in support of storage tasks.
- Any other aircraft or aircraft support related tasks as directed by the appropriate Manager.
- Directly responsible to the Ground Movements Supervisor for Aircraft Movement and Aircraft Handling in the Hangar and its dispersal.
- Aircraft Marshalling in support of the Ground Crew when required to do so.
- Preparation of aircraft for Flight and Security of Aircraft after Flight, including checks for correct fitment of Safety Pins and Gags including armament switches.
- Assistance with aircraft role changes.
- Aircraft washing and cleaning activities.
- FOD clearance and checking the security of the dispersal area.
- Administration and husbandry of the Line Office, Engineering Control or servicing bay.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Meet the criteria as specified in WMS OP 1103 Para 6.1
- Ideally must have had a minimum 3 years Aircraft Engineering experience.
- Salary per annum, reviewed annually
- Discretionary bonus based on team KPI achievement
- Holiday – 5 weeks, 25 days a year plus bank holidays from 1st January to 31st December annually
- Company Pension Scheme
- BHSF Health Care Cash Plan
- Death in Service
- Employee Assistance Programme
If this position would be of interest, please apply with your most up to date CV.