Working as Aircraft Mechanic to consistently produce items which conform to all quality requirements in accordance with the production plan. To produce a consistently high-quality product in line with production paperwork whilst maintaining alignment with quality, cost and delivery targets
- Inspecting and measuring, landing gears parts
- Ability to read and work to shop floor documentation such as routings, drawing, work instructions and bills of material
- Disassembly, deburring, assembly and overhauling landing gears and wheels parts
- Shall be required to replenish Kanban consumables and monitor calibration of tools (tooling management) informing team leaders when discrepancies are found
- Assembly various types of parts using different types of tools ad fitted into machinery as backplate electronic back plate, PCB, MFC
- Preassembly inspection and assembly of aircraft wheels and Landing Gears parts
- Calibrating diaphragms using test rigs
- Testing sensors
- Highlight any anomalies and second close non-conformances where applicable, and proactively liaise with the Team Leader/Engineering to update paper works to reflect build sequence and data capture requirements
- Disassembly of aircraft Wheel
- Dismount of aircraft tyre
- Paint stripping of aircraft wheels
- Operation of Prunus blast equipment
- Inspection of aircraft wheel small parts
- To work in accordance with LDS (local document system) describing methods and procedures. Complying with standard processes, specific area requirements and health and safety requirements
- Fitting heat exchange and pumps
- Promote and follow Cleanroom Regulations, local area health and safety requirements and 5S policy within local work areas
- Responsible for the completion of all paperwork relating to the operations undertaken, including traceability stamps and recording any other additional information as required
- Reporting and highlighting errors to ME where applicable
- Taking progress and reporting to Lead Technician / Team Lead when required. Providing input to shop floor meetings when requested.
- To play an active part in maintaining 5S disciplines and continuous improvement activities.
- Cover for higher technical support when required or requested to do so.
- Provide support when required to trainees within the department.
- To be flexible and mobile across MAIT operational teams, support dependant on individuals skill set and business workload requirements.
- Responsible for attendance and completion of training set by the management team.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of working within a role in toolmaking, sheet metal working or similar technician role in general manufacturing
- Ability to work from detailed drawings and electronic work instructions – within specific procedures
- From time to time you may be asked to work off site; this may be in the UK or abroad
- To participate in shift handover when requested, providing inputs to ensure job progression through shift change
- Experience working to procedures with checkpoints/quality gates
- Experience in industries such as Space/Aerospace/Automotive/Motorsport etc
- Ability to work in confined spaces above floor level (Working at height)
- Experience of working within a clean room environment and of being part of a team and leading activities.
Education & Training
- Strong experience in a similar role
- Apprentice Trained would be beneficial
- City and Guilds or BTech National qualification desirable
Hours: fortnightly rotating double day shifts (one week of earlies 6am-2pm then one week of lates 2pm-10pm) ad hoc opportunity for extra hours mid-week & weekends