Morson Talent are currently seeking an Aircraft Controller to work on site at RNAS Yeovilton on a permanent basis. This position is working a days' routine, Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week.
- Management of allocated aircraft and manpower.
MAIN ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Assuming responsibility for airworthiness of allocated aircraft up to the technical authorisations within his individual REA.
- Manage, control and assume overall responsibility for the planning and implementation of all maintenance activities on allocated aircraft.
- Carry out overall management and control of support activities within his area of responsibility including bay husbandry. The co-ordination of spares management, tool control and daily and weekly checks of minor GSE held within the bay.
- Carry out all manpower planning, allocation of duties and responsibilities, administration including notifying WBM Manager of overtime, leave requests and time off in lieu for allocated personnel.
- Identify any training requirements for personnel within his team and liaise directly with WBM Manager and WMS Training Co-ordinator to achieve them.
- Be responsible for the general welfare and safety of allocated personnel.
- Be responsible for carrying out aircraft acceptance and despatch checks and for producing the relevant reports.
- Be responsible for implementing the Unit’s quality system including the preparation of aircraft and technical documentation for Unit and MoD inspections as applicable. Ensure that any findings from these and other required quality checks are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Support Leonardo Helicopters and the MoD Authority with engineering advice and assistance on the maintenance and/or logistic support of Wildcat.
- Be responsible for ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are complied with.
- Ensure that GOLDesp procedures are completed by allocated personnel for all work IAW WMS OP408, JAP(D) 100A-0409 series and MAM-P
- Sign and co-ordinate all aircraft documentation up to individual authorisations held within REA.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualified to at least ONC in aeronautical engineering having served an aviation engineering apprenticeship and have worked as a manager in military aviation engineering with 3rd signature authorisation level experience for at least 2 years, or (where no ONC or equivalent is held) with relevant experience to 3rd signature level authorisation, with a minimum 5 years’ experience.
- A full understanding of all aspects of Military aircraft engineering and documentation.
- A full understanding of Military aircraft operation in base and field locations.
- Current and competent in the use of GOLDesp.
- Salary per annum, reviewed annually
- Discretionary bonus based on team KPI achievement
- Holiday – 5 weeks, 25 days a year plus bank holidays from 1st January to 31st December annually
- Company Pension Scheme
- BHSF Health Care Cash Plan
- Death in Service
- Employee Assistance Programme
If the positions are of interest, please apply using your most up to date CV.