Morson International are currently seeking an Aircraft Controller to join one of our Military & Defence clients based at Yeovilton. This is a permanent contract with an immediate start.
- Manage, control and assume overall responsibility for the planning and implementation of all maintenance activities on allocated aircraft.
- Carry out overall management and control of support activities within his area of responsibility including bay husbandry. The co-ordination of spares management, tool control and daily and weekly checks of minor GSE held within the bay.
- Carry out all manpower planning, allocation of duties and responsibilities, administration, leave requests and time off in lieu for allocated personnel.
- Identify any training requirements for personnel within his team and liaise directly with WBM Manager and WMS Training Co-ordinator to achieve them.
- Be responsible for the general welfare and safety of allocated personnel.
- Be responsible for carrying out aircraft acceptance and despatch checks and for producing the relevant reports.
- Be responsible for implementing the Unit's quality system including the preparation of aircraft and technical documentation for Unit and MoD inspections as applicable. Ensure that any findings from these and other required quality checks are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Support Leonardo Helicopters and the MoD Authority with engineering advice and assistance on the maintenance and/or logistic support of Wildcat.
- Be responsible for ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are complied with.
- Ensure that GOLDesp procedures are completed by allocated personnel for all work IAW WMS OP408, JAP(D) 100A-0409 series and MAP-01
- Sign and co-ordinate all aircraft documentation up to individual authorisations held within REA.
Knowledge skills and experience
- Qualified to at least ONC in aeronautical engineering having served an aviation engineering apprenticeship and have worked as a manager in military aviation engineering with 3rd signature authorisation level experience for at least 2 years, or (where no ONC or equivalent is held) with relevant experience to 3rd signature level authorisation, with a minimum 5 years' experience.
- A full understanding of all aspects of Military aircraft engineering and documentation.
- A full understanding of Military aircraft operation in base and field locations.
- Current and competent in the use of GOLDesp.
- Yeovilton (BA22 8HT)
- Salary of £34,199.84 per annum
- Recent military aircraft experience
- Must hold 3rd signature
- Senior / supervisory experience
- Chief / Petty Officer / Chief Petty Officer / Sergeant / Flight Sergeant / Chief Technician / Colour Sergeant