Morson International are currently looking to recruit an Aircraft Controller to work on a permanent contract at Yeovilton with the Forward Support Team.
- Management of allocated aircraft and manpower.
MAIN ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Assuming responsibility for airworthiness of allocated aircraft up to the technical authorisations within their individual REA.
- Manage, control and assume overall responsibility for the planning and implementation of all maintenance activities on allocated aircraft.
- Carry out overall management and control of support activities within his area of responsibility including bay husbandry. The co-ordination of spares management, tool control and daily and weekly checks of minor GSE held within the bay.
- Carry out all manpower planning, allocation of duties and responsibilities, administration.
- Identify any training requirements for personnel within the team and liaise directly with Manager and Training Co-ordinator to achieve them.
- Be responsible for the general welfare and safety of allocated personnel.
- Be responsible for carrying out aircraft acceptance and despatch checks and for producing the relevant reports.
- Be responsible for implementing the Unit's quality system including the preparation of aircraft and technical documentation for Unit and MoD inspections as applicable. Ensure that any findings from these and other required quality checks are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Support Leonardo Helicopters and the MoD Authority with engineering advice and assistance on the maintenance and/or logistic support of Wildcat.
- Be responsible for ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are complied with.
- Sign and co-ordinate all aircraft documentation up to individual authorisations held within REA.
For this position candidates are required to have recent military aircraft engineering and documentation experience, a full understanding of military aircraft operation in base and field locations and current and competent in the use of GOLDesp and must hold 3rd signature.