26 days ago
Job Title: Forward Support Team Aircraft Controller
Responsible To: WIST Support Services Manager
JOB PURPOSE Management of Forward Support aircraft tasking and manpower
MAIN ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
* Assuming all responsibilities and authorisations, up to the technical authorisations within his/her Record of Engineering Authorisations > (REA) < for airworthiness issues.
* Assume responsibility for achieving the requirements of the FST TASKING iaw with the tasking unit's statement of work (submitted on General Order Leaflet 10).
* Manage, control and assume overall responsibility for implementation of all maintenance activities on FST assigned aircraft.
* Carry out overall management and control of support activities within his area of responsibility including bay husbandry. Ensures tasking unit has all spares and tooling requirements prior to tasking.
* Maintain technical currency and authorisation through the training program and reading disseminated information.
* Be responsible for the general welfare and safety of allocated personnel.
* Manage all Wildcat maintenance activities during duty time on task.
* Carry out a detailed and written completion handover certiﬁcates to tasking units liaison or engineering ofﬁce.
* Be responsible for the general welfare and safety of all personnel during his/her duty time on tasking.
* Be responsible for ensuring that Health, Safety and Environment requirements are complied with.
* Ensure that GOLDesp procedures are completed by his/her shift personnel for all aircraft work IAW WMS OP 408, the JAP 100A-0409-01 series of publications & MAP 01.
* Sign and co-ordinate all aircraft documentation up to individual authorisations held within REA.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
o Qualiﬁed to at least ONC in aeronautical engineering having served an aviation engineering apprenticeship and have worked as a manager in military aviation engineering with 3rd signature authorisation level experience for at least 2 years, or (where no ONC or equivalent is held) with relevant experience to 3rd signature level authorisation, with a minimum 5 years' experience.
o A full understanding of all aspects of Military aircraft engineering and documentation.
* A full understanding of Military aircraft operation in base and field locations.
* Current and competent in the use of GOLDesp.
* Be prepared to attend courses for personal development or business need away from site if necessary.
* Receive mandatory and continuation training as directed.
* Carry out any other tasks within their capability and experience in support of the contract.