3 months ago
Morson has an exciting Permanent opportunity for an Aircraft Controller to work Days on the Wildcat Helicopter based at RNAS Yeovilton, Somerset.
Management of Forward Support aircraft tasking and manpower
MAIN ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Assuming all responsibilities and authorisations, up to the technical authorisations within his/her Record of Engineering Authorisations > (REA) < for airworthiness issues.
- Assume responsibility for achieving the requirements of the FST TASKING iaw with the tasking unit's statement of work (submitted on General Order Leaflet 10).
- Manage, control and assume overall responsibility for implementation of all maintenance activities on FST assigned aircraft.
- Carry out overall management and control of support activities within his area of responsibility including bay husbandry. Ensures tasking unit has all spares and tooling requirements prior to tasking.
- Maintain technical currency and authorisation through the training program and reading disseminated information.
- Be responsible for the general welfare and safety of allocated personnel.
- Manage all Wildcat maintenance activities during duty time on task.
- Carry out a detailed and written completion handover certiﬁcates to tasking unit's liaison or engineering ofﬁce.
- Be responsible for the general welfare and safety of all personnel during his/her duty time on tasking.
- Be responsible for ensuring that Health, Safety and Environment requirements are complied with.
- Ensure that GOLDesp procedures are completed by his/her shift personnel for all aircraft work IAW WMS OP 408, the JAP 100A-0409-01 series of publications & MAP 01.
- Sign and co-ordinate all aircraft documentation up to individual authorisations held within
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualiﬁed to at least ONC in aeronautical engineering having served an aviation engineering apprenticeship and have worked as a manager in military aviation engineering with 3rd signature authorisation level experience for at least 2 years, or (where no ONC or equivalent is held) with relevant experience to 3rd signature level authorisation, with a minimum 5 years' experience.
- A full understanding of all aspects of Military aircraft engineering and documentation.
- A full understanding of Military aircraft operation in base and field locations.
- Current and competent in the use of GOLDesp.
- Be prepared to attend courses for personal development or business need away from site if necessary.
- Receive mandatory and continuation training as directed.
- Carry out any other tasks within their capability and experience in support of the contract.
Please send Cv or ring Sue Orr on 01935 403205 for more details