11 months ago
This is a permanent role based at Wattisham. The successful candidate will work in a team responsible for delivering serviceable Apache aircraft in a dynamic working environment.
- Coordination of Aircraft maintenance, individual task planning and technical administration in order to meet planned flying and maintenance plans.
- To act as the focal point for shift activity
- Overall management and control of the technical staff (Aircraft/Avionic Supervisors and Fitters) on shift engaged in the maintenance of the Apache AH Mk 1
- Management of flight line operations in support of 653 (OTS) Sqn.
- Overall supervision and control of all supporting activities in his/her shift, including the day to day co-ordination of spares management, tool control and all other logistic activity.
- All individual manpower planning, allocation of duties and responsibilities, administration, including the requesting of overtime, sanctioning leave, identifying training requirements and the general welfare of shift personnel.
- Planning and supporting the recovery of aircraft forced to land away from Wattisham station if required.
- Responsibility for all security and fire prevention of AHDSU accommodation, and ensuring Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are complied with throughout his shift if outside of normal office hours.
- Co-ordinating immediate fire-fighting actions and all immediate reactions to any other emergencies affecting the AHDSU team, the aircraft, the hangar and the dispersal, until the arrival of specialist assistance.
- Liaison with Wattisham Station on all refuelling matters as required.
- Assisting with the drafting and progressing of MOD F760 and F765's in accordance with Depth Operating Procedures.
- To notify the AHF (Via STARS) of any requirements for ground runs/flight testing.
- Pre and post flight briefing and de-briefing of aircrew.
- Routine operation of the HUMS maintenance Data Station IT system as directed by the respective systems managers if qualified
- Utilise and interrogate the GOLD esp system as required.
- Authorised for co-ordinating signature (clearance for flight)
- Determining the level of flight servicing required after maintenance
- Authorise maintenance or partial test flight.