£75000.00 - £85000.00 per annum + Net salary package
7 months ago
Air Vehicle System Architecture Engineer
Ankara, Turkey - 2-4 year contract - Net package of £75,000 to £85,000 per annum (after tax has been deducted)
We currently have an exciting vacancy for an Air Vehicle Architecture Engineer working with our clients highly experienced team in the cosmopolitan city of Ankara, Turkey. You will be working on a next generation fighter aircraft project in a joint development between UK & Turkish industry. Within this role you will support translation of high-level effect / output based requirements into technical requirements and support development of a System-of-System architecture for TF-X which addresses the needs of the Air Vehicle and the Support and Training Systems.
Your main responsibilities as an Air Vehicle Architecture Engineer will involve:
- Provide technical knowledge and direction, and draw upon best practice from the client.
- Ensure the requirements for the TF-X System are fully defined, under-control and communicated to the Product Teams.
- Co-ordinate activities by the Product Teams to deliver a design for an integrated systems architecture which balances operational requirements, performance targets, critical design features and technology limitations.
- Work with the Enterprise Architecture Team to ensure the Air Vehicle Architecture fits in with the overall TFX project requirements.
- Develop and manage models / data for the Air vehicle architecture, interfaces and budgets.
- Ensure the systems architecture design products are linked and traceable to other aspects of the project design, e.g. safety / hazards analysis, security requirements, sub-system architecture products, etc.
- Support the Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) activities which are evaluating the Customer Requirements in order to devolve and allocate requirements to the Product Teams.
- Ensure all activities are completed to agreed time, cost and quality and report progress and raise any delivery issues to manager.
- Lead and proactively contribute to meetings and present work to the customer, management, partners/suppliers and other stakeholders as required.
- To proactively seek improvements to process and product and propose plans to achieve.
- Ensure team operates under the technical governance of the Chief Engineer and under the guidance of the appropriate Company procedures and suggest required tailoring thereof.
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in a STEM subject, plus proven ability of applying this knowledge within the defence aerospace sector in an appropriate Systems Engineering role.
- Requirements capture, evaluation and management.
- Systems Architecture development and trade studies.
- Air Vehicle level Systems Integration.
- Knowledge of MBSE would be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of the Engineering Life Cycle Management (LCM) process, especially in the early phases of a project.
- Broad knowledge of System Engineering methods and processes, e.g. ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288.
- Proven ability of leading technical discussions, including with customers, partners and suppliers.
- Excellent communication skills and experience of working in a multi discipline team.
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the project involved all candidates will be required to undertake a full UK MOD Security Clearance (SC level) before starting. If the applicant is already SC cleared this will be transferred to the clients UK headquarters for the full duration of the project.
This is a fixed term contract position offering the following benefits in addition to a competitive base salary:
Home leave allowance - to maintain links with family (contribution to additional flights)
Car Allowance and access to car scheme
Access to Furnished & Serviced Accommodation or cash equivalent (£10,000)
Medical and emergency dental insurance
Immigration and destination services support
Expatriation and Repatriation support