£50.00 - £60.00 per hour
8 months ago
2 years fixed term
A unique overseas opportunity in Eastern Europe has arisen for a contractor to work on a fixed term contract in Air Vehicle Qualification & Certification for a leading defence company.
As part of the Systems Engineering team, to develop and implement an integrated approach to planning and management of certification and supporting qualification activities. Including
* Identifying the certification requirements recognising regulatory and contractual requirements to develop the certification basis
* Developing a database, linked with the requirements, containing the CCL that contains the certification requirements, the method of compliance, a statement on the acceptable means of compliance, and a reference to the verification source.
* Planning of certification activities
Key Responsibility Areas and associated Standards of Performance
* To ensure robust planning for qualification and certification activities
* Providing inputs to the certification panels
* To ensure verification/qualification & certification activities are fully aligned with the requirement management activities and are supported as appropriate by all areas.
* To provide technical knowledge, experience, and direction, and draw upon best practice.
* To ensure team completes, reports and delivers work to agreed time, cost and quality,
* To report progress and raise any delivery issues to manager.
* To lead and proactively contribute to meetings and present work to the customer, management, partners/suppliers, and other stakeholders as required.
* To proactively seek improvements to process and product and propose plans to achieve
* To ensure team operates under the technical governance of the Chief Engineer and under the guidance of the appropriate company procedures and suggest required tailoring thereof.
*Ideally have an active UK SC/NATO security clearance or if not current must be eligible and willing to undertake the required clearance understanding that the position cannot be commenced until the clearance is in place.
This is a fixed term contract position offering the following benefits in addition to a competitive base salary.
Home leave allowance - to maintain links with family (contribution to additional flights)
Car Allowance and access to car scheme
Access to Furnished & Serviced Accommodation or cash equivalent (£10,000)
Medical and emergency dental insurance
Immigration and destination services support
Expatriation and Repatriation support