Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia
Up to £39515.66 per annum + Additional benefits
4 months ago
Morson International are currently recruiting a Mechanical Aircraft Ground Equipment Technician for our client based in Taif, Saudi Arabia.
- Carry out all engineering and maintenance activities within the scope of the Aircraft Ground Equipment Shop.
- Complete Induction to ensure authorised and competent to work on Aerospace Ground Equipment
- Ensure all maintenance tasks are undertaken in accordance with approved maintenance procedures and processes.
- Ensure adherence to correct engineering practices, observe safety precautions and that as far as is reasonably practicable ensure that no one else is exposed to any unnecessary or uncontrolled risk.
- Assist the Supervisor to ensure that all equipment operated within the shop is kept in good working condition and any necessary calibration activities are scheduled and conducted to ensure maintenance tasks can be achieved when required.
- The embodiment of all Technical Instructions and Modifications of all components maintained within the shop.
- Complying with Health and Safety including, knowledge of COSHH and Risk assessments and following appropriate safety precautions and warning posters relating to the maintenance activities and handling within the shop area of operation.
- Ensuring all components within the Aircraft Ground Equipment Shop are correctly stored and packaged and that all shop maintained items that are to leave the shop or move location are correctly prepared and packaged for transit
- Ensuring that all tool kits are maintained in accordance with the regulatory framework and ensuring that test equipment is maintained and calibrated within specified limits.
- Ensure good husbandry practices are implemented.
- Ensure FOD control measures are implemented.
- Undertaking the responsibilities of the Aircraft Ground Equipment Shop Supervisor in his absence.
- Provide and Supervise consolidation training and mentoring
- Maintain accurate log books
- Liaise with management in order to identify any training opportunities or to highlight any potential training shortfalls.
- Must have an NVQ level 3, ONC or City &Guilds or equivalent in Maintenance or Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- A thorough knowledge of complex mechanical systems.
- Be able to demonstrate comprehensive previous experience of working in an engineering maintenance environment, along with excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work to minimum supervision
- Ability to read and interpret Manufacturers and Engineering manuals and drawings.
- Multi skilled with Mechanical knowledge.
- Aerospace and defence company/industry knowledge.
- Previous experience of Typhoon specific Aircraft Ground Equipment.
- Broad aerospace and defence company/industry knowledge.
- A track record of meeting strict deadlines without compromising standards and quality.
The post holder will ideally have the following background:
- Comprehensive hands-on experience working in an Aerospace or production environment performing maintenance, fault-finding and repair of mechanical systems often in pressurised situations.
- Thorough working knowledge of planned Preventative maintenance working in high volume environments.
- Thorough working knowledge of the Aircraft Ground Equipment activities associated with a Third or Fourth Generation military fast jet aircraft in both a flightline and workshop environment.
- Experience of working in the aviation industry in a Gulf Coast Country preferred.
- The ability to act upon his own initiative within the scope of his job.
- A conscientious approach to work and meticulous attention to detail.