3 months ago
Morson are currently looking to recruit an Aerospace Software Engineer to work for one of our clients based in Yeovil, Somerset. This is a contract position potentially leading into a permanent role.
Software planning; the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Executing the development or verification activities for aerospace software projects:
- Work products to satisfy the objectives of the internationally recognised guidelines RTCA DO 178B/C.
- Work products to satisfy the Aerospace process requirements of the organisation.
- Strategic planning to maximise the re-use of in-development and existing work products and identification of the tools and resource needs for the project.
- Ability to liaise with key engineering functions within the global organisation.
- As a developer/verifier you will become responsible for the overall execution of the 'Software Development Process' or 'Software Verification Process' per the approved plan and the applicable processes and standards.
- Provide plan updates and complete the acceptance and approval of the work-products generated by the project team.
Software requirements management
- Review and acceptance of system level requirements allocated to software,
- Development of software requirements,
- Selection or development of software architecture,
- Development of software design, Software implementation and integration
- Establishing and maintaining traceability between the work-products (system requirements to software requirements, software requirements to software design etc.)
- Generation of test cases at each test level to adequately verify the operation of the software and to obtain the appropriate test coverage.
- Verification of all work-products produced by the development process,
- Verification of the traceability between work-products produced by the development process.
- Generating the Plan for Software Aspects of Certification,
- Resolving certification issues identified by the customer, certification authority or representative and
- Generating the Software Accomplishment Summary
Quality, process and productivity improvements
- Investigate the causes of any software defects, report findings and recommendations to management/process groups and if necessary support process changes.
- Participate in global process improvement and standardization initiatives.
- Participate in global tool standardization initiatives.
Qualifications & Skills Required
- Experience of developing and verifying software throughout the software life-cycle (requirements capture, specification, design, implementation, support).
- Ideally in embedded aerospace applications, though
- A thorough understanding of the 'C' programming language is essential.
- Ideally a good understanding of DO178B/C is preferred, training can be provided.
- The ability to read circuit diagrams or schematics and to use electronics development and test tools (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, debuggers etc.) would be highly beneficial.
- Experience of using the following, or similar software tools would also be beneficial:
- Serena ChangeMan Dimensions requirements management
- IBM Rational ClearCase / ClearQuest application workflow development environment
- Unicom System Architect and/or Rhapsody architecture frameworks
- VectorCAST embedded software test environment
- QA C and/or LDRA Test Bed verification tools