11 months ago
Morson International are currently looking to recruit a Project Manager for one of our prestigious Aerospace/Defence Clients based in Yeovil, Somerset. This is an ongoing long term contract position.
- The project manager is responsible for leading and managing the project team with responsibility and authority from the Programme Manager or Sponsor on a day to day basis. Delivering the project to schedule, cost and quality.
- Interfacing between the project and functional business areas to achieve the overall Project deliverables.
- Demonstrate good communication and encouragement across functional business areas, for change.
- Effective co-ordination of the project and the inter dependencies into the overall Programme or as an independent small project, including resolution or mitigation of any risks and issues arising during the project. Supported by the Programme Management office.
- Ensuring delivery of contract life cycle relevant to accountable project.
- Managing and production of the required deliverables proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action to achieve quality and schedule within budget.
- Planning, designing and monitoring the project, preparing any project plans as required.
- Identifying and obtaining support and advice required for the management, planning and control of the project.
- Managing the projects budget on behalf of the company, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the project progresses.
- Manage Authorisations in line with level of accountability.
- Manage Profitability in line with level of accountability.
- Identify, capture and manage risks to the project, including the development of contingency plan, in accordance with policy and process.
- Liaison with the programme management (if part of a programme) and related projects to ensure alignment and integration.
- Engagement with IPTs, Customers and vendors in line with level of accountability.
- Applying change control and configuration management processes.
- Liaise with project assurance representatives to assure the overall direction and integrity of the project.
- Conduct project reviews and highlighting actions / recommendations to appropriate business area, ensuring good communication links.
- Managing project administration.
- Reporting the progress of the programme at regular intervals to the appropriate level of management both internally and to the customer.
- Chair Internal Configuration Change Boards (CCB) and Configuration Implementation Boards (CIB) as required, supported by Configuration Management.