about 2 months ago
Morson Group are currently looking to recruit a Contract Development Manager to work for one of our prestigious Aerospace/Defence clients based in Yeovil, Somerset. This is a contract position for 12-18 months+
The Contract Development Manager will be responsible for developing Supplier solutions which support the prime Contract between the Customer and our Client. The Contract Development Manager should have a strong Customer needs awareness and have the ability to "Think Customer". The primary responsibilities of the Contract Development Manager are the delivery of effective Supplier solutions which support the delivery of the contracted materiel and services in support of budgeted revenue, profit and cash flow whilst developing/maintaining good Customer relations.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Working with the Control Account Managers develop and deliver Supplier solutions which support the material and services in accordance with the validated contract baselines, company commitments and business directives.
- Develop the in country supply base
- Development of Supplier Statements of Requirements which support the sustainment of in service customer operations.
- Ensuring the Supplier solutions are developed within budgets of the respective Control accounts
- Ensure that any risk associated with the Supplier solutions are fully documented, costed and recorded to enable the respective Control Account Manger to manage.
- Engage with allocated resources across Customer Support & Training and the wider business / supply chain to deliver the required level of performance in terms of cost, quality and delivery schedule in accordance with Company processes.
- Identify, agree and manage risk mitigation activity to maximise profitability.
- Continuously align Customer insight with our Clients business objectives/plans.
- Report to line manager(s) progress against programme specific strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats and risks for our Clients items arising from the conduct of the tasked work or from the general course of business.
- Ensure that business processes are adhered to during the execution of any work activity carried out by our Clients personnel or outside contracted parties.
- Be vigilant to airworthiness issues raised through customer support activity and ensure that these are resolved.
- Where applicable establishing and support an Introduction into Service programme with the Customer.
Applicants will be required to have the following:
- Programme management and planning skills, including budgets, schedules, critical path, risk analysis and mitigation in an aircraft or similar environment.
- Have worked in an Aircraft environment previously, ideally rotary.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of Integrated Logistic Support and associated support disciplines.
- Relevant technical awareness gained from a formal technical / professional qualification or significant experience of military aircraft operations.
- A sound commercial awareness with experience of contract development and negotiations
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, formal presentation) and interpersonal skills (influencing, negotiating and motivation) at all levels of the business.