about 1 month ago
Our client are seeking an Aerodynamics Engineer to work with their highly experienced Stores Release & Jettison (SR&J) team in the cosmopolitan city of Ankara, Turkey.
The role involves being part of a team responsible for developing the modelling and simulations to be used in the SR&J process, and then use these as the basis for carrying out the work for a new generation combat aircraft
The aircraft is in the very early stages of design and this role will provide an opportunity to be at the heart of, and influencing, the development of this exciting project.
You will be working in a multi-national team interfacing with a wide spectrum of specialist engineers across the project.
Skills and proven abilities:
A good understanding of Aerodynamics and several years of proven ability in applying this knowledge in an industrial context.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of:
- Stores carriage and release mechanisms
- Certification requirements and store safe separation criteria
- Numerical modelling and analysis techniques
- Aerodynamic characterisation and parametric modelling of aircraft and stores
Also have familiarity with the following:
- A range of different stores types and classes
- Model matching and verification
- Linear and non-linear analysis
- Test specification and test support
- Safety Case development
- Wind tunnel testing