Up to £50 per hour
3 months ago
Duration: 12 Months
Rate: £50 per hour LTD
The role involves primarily aerodynamically based numerical modelling, prediction and verification activities relating to flight physics and the flow of air on, around, into, through, and out of an aircraft.
As well as direct support to project work, this will include methods and tools development, and possible involvement in advanced research programmes and support to wind tunnel and flight test programmes. Involvement in the aerodynamic design, development and certification of advanced combat aircraft with opportunities for research in related fields.
- Plan and deliver assigned work to cost and schedule to meet customer and business needs.
- Ensure the technical content of the work, including deliverables, is acceptable to the customer and utilises the most efficient engineering methods available.
- Ensure all work is compatible with the departmental quality policy and that departmental procedures are followed.
- Ensure effective interactions and communications with customers, suppliers and others, to promote the best interests of the group, department and company.
- Actively contribute to self-development, and team understanding and expertise, to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- MATLAB & programming knowledge.
- Aerodynamics modelling.
- Proven ability applying Aerodynamics knowledge in an industrial context.
Additional Security Information:
Due to the sensitive nature of the product, all applicants must be capable of obtaining a UK MoD Security Clearance (SC level minimum).